- Stacked symbols
- Optional Fortune Bet feature
- Free spins round
- 95.01% RTP is quite low
- Medium volatility may deter high rollers
Gem Hunter is an online slot developed by Inspired. It is a 5x3 slot with 30 paylines and a 95.01% RTP. The volatility is medium. Bonuses include Stacked symbols and the Fortune Bet feature, as well as a free spins round.
Nothing in Gem Hunter is quite what you expect. Inspired Gaming free slots are known for innovative features and unusual themes, and this five-reel slot with its 30 paylines is one of them. Just take a look at the nine themed symbols, the frozen reels and the free spins with their own extra features, - and if that’s not enough, the extra risk and reward of the Fortune Bet.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
From the title, you might expect Gem Hunter to be one of those traditional slots where all the symbols are gems and the theme is simple, like the excellent Gemix. You’d be wrong. Gem Hunter is much more than that - a fantasy adventure through an icy wilderness where wolves lurk in the snow. There are gems, each solid and gleaming with fire, but there are also weapons and equipment you need so that the Gem Hunter of the title - a fierce cloaked warrior who hides his face - can continue his quest for treasure. If you had any doubt, the low rumbling sound effects emphasise that you’re are entering a dangerous and desolate world, though it might have been even better with some animations.
If it’s a bit too unusual for you, try out another jewel themed slot from our extensive library.
Gem Hunter RTP and Variance
You might think that the 95.01% RTP of Gem Hunter is a little low, and it’s true most modern slots would aim closer to 96%. Remember, though, that all slots are capable of some pretty big deviations from their average. Medium variance does mean size and frequency of wins should be balanced.
How to Play Gem Hunter
Wrap up warm, pick up your crossbow and get ready to play:
- The first symbol under the reels is a little settings gear. Open it and look for two options - Game info and Game history. Take a look at the first to familiarise yourself with the paytable and rules (also available from the question mark button at the top right of the screen).
- Next to the gear is a speaker button, and again it’s pretty simple. Mute or unmute the volume as you please.
- Now we get to buttons that are even more clearly labelled, so it's extra simple. “Change Bet” will open a window with all possible bet levels displayed, and you can pick the one best for your game and budget.
- If you want to activate the Fortune Bet bonus feature, you can switch it on and off with the next button.
- Displays for your Total Win and current balance will help you keep on top of your budget and win and loss limits.
- Autoplay is next, and it also comes with plenty of controls to keep your budget intact. As well as setting a number of automatic spins where you don’t need to press anything yourself, you can set it to stop at a loss limit, custom loss limit or single win limit.
- Of course, you don’t need to activate Autoplay. You may like it when the reels stop after every spin and you can consider if you want to change any settings. If you’d rather one turn at a time, just hit the Spin button once. Either way, have fun!
Bet & Win Sizes
If you click on Change Bet, then the window will give you a range of options starting at 0.30 and finishing at 180. Activate Fortune Bet first and this will increase to a 0.45 minimum and 270 maximum. It’s higher risk, but there are higher potential rewards.
Every new bet amount will also change the possible wins displayed on the paytable. The maximum five matches for each symbol will score the following for a 0.30 bet, but increase as your wager does:
Gems (blue, red and orange) - 1.00
Satchel, Crossbow - 1.50
Wolves (grey, brown and blue) - 2.50
Game logo - 10.00
Gem Hunter Bonus Features & Free Spins
Some spins will be accompanied by a random reel modifier that will cause all the positions in a single reel to become Stacked. These frozen reels will display the same symbol all the way down. Any symbol except the Bonus can become Stacked.
If you’re willing to activate the Fortune Bet feature and increase your wager by 50%, the Bonus symbol will also grow to double its height, covering two places on the reel instead of one. That means it’ll be easier to trigger free spins.
Three Bonus symbols will trigger six free spins. During the free spins round your standard paytable will be replaced with only three symbols (chosen at random). As you can imagine, only three symbols makes it easier to find a winning line, plus when those symbols become Stacked they’ll turn into a Stacked Wild to increase your chances even more.
Gem Hunter Review
Gem Hunter has a lot of promise when you first load it, and whilst it might not be quite a innovative as you’d hope, it certainly makes use of its dramatic setting and the thrilling bonus features. The Fortune Bet adds some extra excitement, but the more cautious player can just switch it off and still have a good time. There may only be six free spins per round, but they’re also layered with other features. Gem Hunter is definitely more complex than it seems.
Disclaimer: Gem Hunter trademark / license is owned by Inspired. This site is not endorsed by Inspired.
* Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino before making a deposit.
|Slot Name:||Gem Hunter|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.30 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£270 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Free Spins , Expanding Wilds , 5 Reels , Stacked Symbols|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Inspired have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Gem Hunter?
The average return in the long term has been calculated at 95.01%.
What is the volatility of Gem Hunter?
This appears to be a medium-volatility slot.
Does Gem Hunter have Stacked symbols?
Any symbol can be stacked in the base game, whilst the free spins round can have Stacked Wilds.
Does Gem Hunter have a free spins bonus round?
What is the Fortune Bet feature in Gem Hunter?
Add an extra 50% to your bet and increase your number of bonus symbols and therefore chances to trigger free spins.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review