- Solid 96% RTP
- Free spins bonus round
- Symbol transformation feature
- Triple value symbols
- High volatility may deter cautious players
- Most symbols aren’t themed, but generic card symbols
Queen’s Guard is an online slot developed by High 5. It is a 5x3 slot with 243 ways to win. The RTP is 96% and it has a high volatility. This royalty themed slot is inspired by the Three Musketeers, and includes a free spins round and symbol transformation feature.
If you ever want to draw your sword when playing High 5 slots, then the 5 reels of Queen’s Guard have a very impressive 243 ways to win, a free spins bonus round and transforming symbols. High paying musketeers can be worth 1, 2 or 3 symbols at once, meaning you can actually match them up to 15 times. Now that’s impressive.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
All for one and one for all! In The Three Musketeers, the classic 1844 novel by French writer Alexandre Dumas, the titular musketeers, Athos, Porthos and Aramis, team with young d’Artagnan for a series of daring adventures, not least of which is defending the honour of the Queen of France. Historically speaking, the Musketeers were one of the most prestigious regiments to serve the monarchy. In this slot, we get a glimpse of these swashbuckling warriors as they quest.
Queen’s Guard takes place amid the magnificent domes of the royal palace, filling the background with their bold shapes and colours. On the reels themselves you’ll find the musketeers, all together as they should be, as well as the muskets and swords, without which you couldn’t hope to survive in these dangerous times. You can also spot the Queen and her beautiful necklace, which if you’ve read the novel you know had an important part to play in her near disgrace and subsequent rescue.
Queen's Guard RTP and Variance
When you look for a new slot one of your first questions is about RTP, and most sites will generally advise you that 96% is the level you want. Queen’s Guard sits exactly on that line. It’s also a high variance slot, meaning wins may be spread further apart but when they do hit, they might be on the larger side.
How to Play Queen’s Guard
If you want to accept a commission into the musketeers, here’s how you do it:
- For the most full guide to game rules and paytable, you need to look at the plus symbol at the top right of the screen, which will open the menu.
- The other setting you’ll want to adjust before you start playing is your bet. You’ll find that at the bottom right of the screen, where your current wager is displayed between two arrows that can be used to increase or decrease it as you prefer.
- Your preferred bet level is partly going to depend on your budget. You can see your available balance at the centre of the screen, next to your most recent win. That should allow you to set yourself some hard loss and single win limits to keep your game under control and make sure it stays fun.
- It may also help to keep an eye on the clock at the bottom left of the screen to ensure your session doesn’t swallow your day. Time and budget limits are all part of responsible playing.
- As for actually spinning the reels, there are 2 ways you can do that. The first is the giant Spin button situated just to the right of the reels. Click it once, the reels turn once, you either hit a winning combination or you don’t, then you can choose whether to adjust your settings.
- Alternately, if you know you’re going to be playing for a while and you don’t want to have to sit there continuously hitting spin, you could use the smaller button next to it to activate autoplay. Choose your preferred settings (including potential Turbo/Quick Play mode) and let it automatically spin until you’re done. Either way, enjoy!
Bet & Win Sizes
Queens Guard comes with a minimum bet of 0.10 and a maximum bet of 200.00.
The base game and the free spins are played on different reels with slightly different paytables, but symbols generally pay like this:
9, J - 1, 3, 10
Q, K, A - 1, 4, 10
Necklace, Pistol - 5, 10, 25
Musketeers - 5, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150, 250, 375, 500
(Musketeers can appear as single, double or triple, hence you can match them up to 15 times.)
Queen’s Guard Bonus Features
The Musketeer symbol can appear as one musketeer alone, but when it looks like two or three musketeers, it also pays as 2 or 3 musketeers. That means that rather than matching it up to 5 times, you can match it up to 15. When the wild substitutes for a musketeer, it’s always a triple musketeer.
The free spins round is always one of the most popular forms of bonus. In Queen’s Guard, these are triggered by three of the bonus symbol, represented by Three Musketeer’s blades. You start with 15 free games, but can win five more every time you find three more bonus symbols. The maximum number of free games is 250.
Symbol Transform Feature
Sometimes regular symbols can randomly turn into double or triple Musketeers for extra chances to win.
Queen's Guard Review
Who doesn’t enjoy a bit of swashbuckling? This is a fun slot, big and bold, and the triple musketeer symbols are an exciting way to both incorporate the theme and increase the winning potential. Add the free spins round and the transforming symbols and you’ve got a slot laden with exciting opportunities. And if you enjoyed the French palace, why not head over to England for the Rising Royals slot in Victorian Britain?
Disclaimer: Queen's Guard trademark / license is owned by High 5. This site is not endorsed by High 5.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Queen's Guard|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.10 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£200 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , 5 Reels , 243 Ways , Symbol Collection|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
What is the RTP of Queen’s Guard?
It has a solid long term average return of 96%.
What is the volatility of Queen’s Guard?
This is a high volatility slot, high risk and high reward.
Does Queen’s Guard have a free spins bonus round?
You can win 15 free spins with 5 extra every time you match more triggering symbols.
Does Queen’s Guard have any other bonus features?
Sometimes random symbols can turn into higher paying musketeer symbols. Musketeers themselves can represent 1, 2 or 3 symbols at once.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review