The Best US Online Casinos
US players are spoilt for choice now that the regulatory landscape has changed significantly and access to online casinos has opened up in several states spearheaded by New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Are US Online Casinos Regulated?
Online gaming has been legalized on a state by state basis in the US since Delaware launched the first online casino back in 2012 with New Jersey following suit soon after. Many other states have now launched regulated, legalized online casinos - providing players with a safe place to play slots and other games of luck online.
What To Look For in a US Online Casino
Finding a great online casino isn’t rocket science. Most sites will deliver a top-notch experience where you can gamble safe in the knowledge that the games you’re playing are fair and legitimate.
However, if you’re looking for the perfect online casino, these are the features you should be on the lookout for:
Safety and Security
When you’re playing for real money it’s important that any casino you play at is safe and secure. Scroll down to the footer and look for the seal of a state regulatory body.
You should also find information on independent auditors who regularly inspect the games on offer to check they’re fair and legit. This will also be located in the footer, or in the casino's About Us Page.
Website Look and Feel
Most players are used to trusting their gut and the playing interface at an online casino can tell you a lot about whether you should play there. High quality casinos invest a considerable amount in creating the perfect gaming solution, from choice of games to simple things like website navigation and graphics.
It’s that premium look and feel that reassures players that even new casinos are serious contenders and intend to stick around for the long haul.
When you’re playing for real money you need the casino software to be rock solid. Look out for names like NetEnt and Barcrest, who are well-established providers with a great reputation.
Casinos that use fully licensed and certified software will deliver a top-quality playing experience with the reassurance that their games cannot be manipulated in any way.
Legitimate Payment Methods and Withdrawals
How a casino handles your money can be a major red flag when it comes to their legitimacy. You should be able to choose from a range of authenticated payment methods.
Look for major credit cards and bank transfers as a minimum and be prepared to validate your identity as soon as you set up an account.
Look for casinos that operate in US dollars and use US-friendly banking methods. Ensuring the reliability of payment methods can be an onerous task and one that casinos don’t undertake lightly.
Top Notch Customer Service
A casino can excel in every area and then be let down by their customer support service. The safest and most legit casinos are capable of offering support 24/7 through a variety of channels because you never know when you might have an issue that requires an immediate resolution.
Top notch casinos offer live chat with swift response, plus email, telephone and FAQ support to cover any and all potential problems.
The way a casino looks after vulnerable players and takes steps to prevent illegal gambling is another measure of their legitimacy and reliability.
No reputable casino wants to lose its license by encouraging underage gambling or turning a blind eye to problem gamblers so check out the programs in place to support at-risk players.
Licensing and Regulation at US Casinos
While online gambling remains restricted at federal level under the terms of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, several states have passed their own legislation legalizing online casinos for residents of Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
These states license and regulate their online casinos through the following bodies:
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement: The DGE was established in 1977 under the Casino Control Act. Its mission is to ensure that online casino games are fair and legitimate and that the industry remains free from the influence of organized crime. The gambling industry in New Jersey is strictly regulated ensuring that online casinos in the state are viable and legitimate
- Delaware Gaming Control Board: The GCB operates through the Department of Gaming Enforcement and oversees all forms of online gaming including sports betting, lotteries and casinos. Committed to ensuring the integrity of the industry in Delaware, the GCB does due diligence on all operators applying for a license and enforces strict application of local gambling laws to ensure that the industry is trustworthy and credible.
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board: The PGCB aims to be the premier regulatory body in the US, maintaining public trust and confidence by encouraging a credible and honest industry in the state. They work to ensure the integrity of all legalized gaming through the strict application of rules and standards through the licensing of games and individuals.
Online Casino Partners
In states like New Jersey and Pennsylvania, online casino games may only be operated through partnerships with existing land-based casinos.
This gives players an additional layer of safety and security, plus the option to make deposits and withdrawals in person via the casino cage at the partner casino.
Most of Pennsylvania’s established land-based casinos have taken up the opportunity to leverage partnerships with online gaming brands, delivering a plethora of exciting playing opportunities for PA based players. For example:
- The Mohegan Sun, the first slots casino to operate in the state, has partnered with Unibet which has over 11 million customers worldwide.
- European gaming experts BetFred have partnered with the Wind Creek Casino.
- FanDuel has teeam up with Valley Forge Casino Resort.
According to NJ law, all gaming servers must be within Atlantic City borders, all players must be 21 or over and all online casinos must be partnered with a land based casino.
The list of partner casinos for popular sites like 888US, Pala Online and BetFair NJ read like a who’s who of Atlantic City gambling royalty. Tropicana, Caesars and the Golden Nugget were the first of the grand offline casinos to launch their online casinos, leveraging their brand recognition and loyalty to drive success.
The combination of reputable bricks and mortar casinos with strict DGE licensing means that NJ players have the peace of mind knowing that their online casinos are safe and secure and offer the most competitive odds and the best payouts available.
Banking at USA Online Casinos
Payment options are the most important aspect of any real money casino. Unlike offshore casinos, state regulated online casinos are able to offer a diverse range of banking methods including face to face transactions alongside digital options.
Here’s a run down of the payment methods you can expect to find state by state:
New Jersey online casinos offer traditional payment methods including bank cards and bank transfers, while being able to leverage digital technologies to offer players more diverse methods of payment.
Many NJ casinos also offer their own prepaid cards for players or are signed up to the Pay Near Me electronic cash payment service through 7-Eleven.
Other recommended payment methods available at NJ casinos include:
- Ewallets including PayPal, Neteller and Skrill
- Online Bill Pay recognised by Bank of America, Chase, Santander and Capital One 360 among others
- Cashier’s Cage at partner land based casinos
- Instant eChecks or ACH for instantaneous turnaround and high acceptance rates
Pennsylvania online casinos offer players a wide range of banking methods, although not all payment methods can also be used for withdrawals.
Like all online casinos, you will be required to verify your account once you come to withdraw your winnings. These are the recommended payment options when you play in PA:
- Visa, Mastercard and other major credit and debit cards
- Ewallets including PayPal and Skrill
- ACH or e-checks
- Play+ and other prepaid cards
- PayNearMe deposits through your local 7-Eleven
- Wire transfers
- Face to face deposits and withdrawals at the partner casino cage
West Virginia is the smallest of the states where you can play at an online casino, but that doesn’t limit your banking options:
- Bank wire transfer must be set up in person in your bank but is a fast and secure way to fund your account
- Credit and debit cards like Mastercard and Visa are known and accepted around the globe and offer excellent security
- Ewallets like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller allow you to make all your transactions seamlessly online and are the fastest method when it comes to withdrawing your cash
As you’d expect, there are an extensive range of banking methods available to Michigan online casino players, though not every option may be available at every site.
- Credit and debit cards including Visa and Mastercard
- ACH echecks and wire transfers
- Ewallets including Neteller and PayPal
- PayNearMe through associate businesses and 7-Eleven
- In person at a partner bricks and mortar casino
Requirement for Playing at US Online Casinos
To play at a legal online casino you will need to be resident within that state to access online and mobile gaming opportunities. You don’t have to be born in a state to play in a state if you live there.
Likewise, if you were once resident in a state that allows online gambling you will not be able to access playing opportunities once you move outside state lines.
Licensed casino operators will take measures to check that you are legally entitled to play. Your location will be verified using a combination of IP tracking and geolocation software. You’ll also be asked to verify that you are old enough to play legally at the casino of your choice.
Is it Safe and Legal to Play at a US Online Casino?
Legal online casinos are completely safe and legitimate to play at thanks to a combination of strong regulation and advanced data protection technologies. The use of land-based casino partnerships further enhances the credibility of online casinos.
Unbiased Casino Reviews from Slots Experts
Trying to find the best US online casino can be daunting given the regulatory landscape and the current restrictions on online gambling. That’s where unbiased and impartial reviews from the slots experts at Slots Temple come into play.
If you’re looking for honest and well-informed opinions about the latest US online casinos then you’re in the right place. At Slots Temple we look at every aspect of a casino from the website design to the available payment methods to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Our reviews are always fair and impartial, based on our extensive knowledge of the gaming industry.
Find Out from the Experts
Online gambling can be both exciting and overwhelming when you’re finding your feet as a new player. Even more experienced gamblers rely on casino reviews to make decisions about the best casinos to invest in.
Unlike user feedback, our impartial and experienced reviewers give you the lowdown on what to expect from any US online based on a series of metrics that provide the information you need to make an informed choice at your fingertips.