- Expanding symbols after wins.
- Random expanding symbols through Mystery Sun.
- Free spins.
- More free spins means losing high-value symbols.
- Sound is on/off, no volume adjustor.
Safari Sun Slot Review
Many people like to visit safaris and see all the famous animals of the savannah, so it makes sense that slots also sometimes depict the landscapes and creatures. The Safari Sun slot from Fantasma Games has a distinctive 3-4-4-4-3 layout that allows it to include 576 ways to win, plus its selection of bonus features includes both expanding symbols and free spins.
Down in the Valley
Slots set in Africa often emphasise the scale of those rolling plains, but Safari Sun is tucked into a narrow valley. You can see hills in the distance under the blue sky, but the background is dominated by the sloping sides that lead down to the reels.
The Animals Rise
Then we have the reels themselves. There are carved card symbols in brown and elaborate masks from some undefined African culture, but the most dominant symbols are the animals. There’s a hornbill with his big beak (he looks a bit like a toucan, but toucans are American and don’t have the casque on top of their bills), two meerkats sitting tall, a staring baboon, a rhino whose horn almost emerges from the screen and, as tends to happen in these kinds of slots, a lion at the top, here with a ruffled main and fierce roar.
Safari Sun RTP and Variance
The RTP of the Safari Sun slot is 95%. The variance is high.
How to Play Safari Sun
Hop in the jeep and let’s travel across this safari:
- It’s easy to get carried away when you visit online casinos, so sort out your budget and limits before you start and have them firmly in mind throughout your session.
- Our Safari Sun slot review can’t carry everything, so go to the menu and check out the paytable, rules and features so you’re completely informed.
- From the menu you can also find the settings page, so decide whether you want music, sound effects, skip intro or space bar to spin.
- The most important setting is back on the main screen. Open the bet window and pick the most appropriate level for your balance and budget.
- Now you can hit spin, and for a few seconds you lose control as the reels turn. Hopefully, you’ll get lucky, but we can’t promise anything. Just make sure you have fun.
- Play responsibly and know when to stop.
How to Win at Safari Sun
Its layout may be a little different compared to slots like Super Hot Fruits, thanks to different-sized reels, but the fact Safari Sun has a 3-4-4-4-3 format and 576 ways to win doesn’t change the mechanism. Symbols need to match in combinations of at least three, but preferably four or five. They need to go from left to right. There’s no wild symbol to act as a substitute, but there is a scatter symbol that can help trigger the Safari Sun bonus features.
- For the most complete information on payout potential, you need to check out the paytable in full.
- Its bottom half consists of the five low-paying card symbols.
- In the top half you’ll find high-paying themed symbols.
- Of those the highest win multiplier is the one applied to five lions. Your bet will be multiplied by eight if you find him.
- Overall, the max win available is x18,792.
Safari Sun Features
Modern slots can do all kinds of things with their bonuses. Safari Sun has three different ways you can go beyond its base game. Expanding symbols and free spins can be found in other games but here have their own distinctive formats. More expanding symbols are available in the Mystery Sun feature.
An expanded symbol is one that grows to fill an entire reel, meaning there’s more chance it’ll be part of a winning combination. When your winning symbols include a sun-marked symbol, that sun-marked symbol is the one that expands.
This can appear randomly in the base game. Again, sun-marked symbols can expand, but this time there can be as many as three at once.
It’s the scatter symbol, found three times, that triggers the free bonus. You’ll find a similar mechanism in lots of slots with this kind of feature, but they don’t all add an extra reel during the free spins round. That’s right, your layout becomes 3-4-4-4-4-3. You also have to pick one of the high-paying symbols to be the only animal on the reels. The higher the win multiplier, the fewer the number of spins.
- Lion = 4 free spins.
- Rhino = 8 free spins.
- Baboon = 12 free spins.
- Meerkat = 16 free spins.
- Hornbill = 20 free spins.
Safari Sun Review - Summary
The sun is important in the Safari Sun slot because it can lead to expanding symbols, but that’s not all that’s available in this game. There’s also the free spins round, where you have some choice over the number of spins, but if you go for more, it means your symbols will be worth less, which could impact your total win.
Disclaimer: Safari Sun trademark / license is owned by Fantasma. This site is not endorsed by Fantasma.
|Slot Name:||Safari Sun|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||$0.20 (CAD)|
|Max Bet:||$100 (CAD)|
|Features:||High volatility, Multi Level Bonus, Reel Modifiers, Sticky Wilds, 5 Reels, Mystery Symbols|
|Themes:||Animals, Africa, Wild Animals|
Does the Safari Sun slot have expanding symbols?
This is where the sun of the title becomes important, because if one of the those suns marks a regular symbol, and that symbol is one of the winning symbols in a successful spin, that’s the symbol that will expand. Rather than just taking up one position on the reel, it will fill up all three or four of them.
What is the Mystery Sun feature in the Safari Sun slot?
Another kind of expanding symbol feature but this one is random, rather than occurring after a winning spin, and it could involve more than one symbol expanding. You’ll see between one and three sun-marked symbols that can all grow at the same time until each of their respective reels is full.
Does the Safari Sun slot have a free spins round?
Triggering free spins is simple enough (at least one paper). Just find three scatters. The difficult bit comes next as you try to decide whether you want 4, 8, 12, 16 or 20 free spins. It’s not as simple as picking the highest number, because each amount is attached to a high-paying symbol. If you want to keep the top-paying lion, you need the fewest spins.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Flower Fortunes...||96%||Medium volatility||18000|
|Flower Fortunes...||95.88%||Low volatility||5000|
|Golden Castle T...||96.34%||High volatility||20000|
|Heroes Hunt 2 M...||96.49%||High volatility||20000|
|Heroes Hunt Meg...||96.65%||High volatility||26000|
|Maze Escape Meg...||96.15%||High volatility||25000|
|Medallion Megaways||96.13%||High volatility||20000|
|Serpent Shrine||96.53%||High volatility||10000|
|Twisted Turbine||96.51%||High volatility||9500|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review