- Above-average RTP
- Vivid graphics grab and hold interest
- Gamble feature adds an edge
- No free spin feature available
- The background music is quite repetitive
Jack on Hold is an online slot developed by Wazdan. It is a traditional slot with a cowboy influence, a 3x3 grid, five fixed paylines, an RTP of 96.40 per cent and medium volatility. Respins and a gamble option are key features.
If you like online games with simplistic but interesting themes, you can be sure that Wazdan slots will deliver. With Jack on Hold, it has created a title that blends the standard fruit machine layout with a large helping of wild west attitude.
Jack on Hold is both familiar and refreshing. It may not boast the biggest payouts of the game titles out there; however, the engaging design, variety of win combos and a couple of bonus extras outweigh this.
With his outlaw ways and his love of other people’s gold, Jack is definitely a bit of a lad. The question here is: are you up for the challenge of chasing this guy down?
Graphics & soundtrack
Jack on Hold grabs your attention from the start. The screen opens to huge wooden reels with a 3x3 frame and eye-catching symbols. Across the top, you will see smoking pistols and the hands and hat of the slot’s namesake, cowboy Jack.
You see more of Jack and his cowboy outfit on the reels, where he represents the wild card. Other symbols are drawn in cartoon style and include a raging red bull, three shiny red sevens, a golden bell, half a large watermelon, a sheriff’s badge, and a bar symbol. There is also some animated action on the reels when you land a winning set of symbols.
We appreciated the lively country and western background music - at least for a while, as it does get a bit repetitive over time. Luckily, there is an option to adjust the sound level, so you can use it for atmosphere without getting tired of it. During the spins, you will hear the usual clicks as the reels turn and an exciting burst of another western tune on each line win.
Jack on Hold RTP and variance
This action-packed slot offers an attractive combination of medium volatility and a 96.40 per cent RTP.
How to play Jack on Hold
Don’t be fooled by the complex-looking control panel that sits just beneath the wooden reels, as this is actually quite a straightforward slot to set up and start playing. The trick is to concentrate on one section at a time. To help you do this, here is a brief guide to each symbol:
- The four icons to the far left deal with the background factors of the Jack on Hold slot. The small i reveals the paytable if you are impatient to check this out, while the next square along is a quick link to the slot settings. Next is the speaker icon, which leads to the sound controls, while the question mark reveals the rules and information on the special features.
- Your second step is to choose the credit level that suits you. The central section of the control bar is where these are situated. To pick one, either use the plus and minus symbols on display or click the figures on show.
- Before getting the game started via the large spin icon, players need to check out the final section of the panel where two buttons are stacked on the far-right. The top-level icon is used to change the game speed from standard to fast or ultra-fast, which is a handy option to keep in mind.
- Below this is the autoplay symbol, which offers immediate access to a variety of instant pick numbers. You can use these to set between 10 and 1,000 autospins; what’s more, you can click on the ‘advanced’ link to set up parameters that will cancel the feature based on certain levels of winnings or losses.
Once you are happy with your settings, it is time to play. Flex your fun mode muscles, enjoy, and always play responsibly.
Bet sizes & paytable wins
Jack on Hold offers players a really wide range of bet sizes from 0.10 credits through to the maximum of 100. There are lots of step-up options between these two points, so you get to choose whatever suits you. Of course, this can be adjusted between each spin, so it is a really flexible option.
As you would expect with a straightforward slot like Jack on Hold, the main game offers prizes for three matched symbols. The payout rates vary between symbols and - like most classic fruit machine-style slots - the prizes are on the modest side. Regardless, every triple match boosts your fun credit pot and could even lead to a bonus reward opportunity.
Here is a quick look at the payouts for three in a row:
- The red bull pays 50x your stake
- The bar pays 20x your stake
- The lucky 7s pays 14x your stake
- The sheriff’s badge pays 8x your stake
- The golden bell pays 4x your stake
- The half watermelon pays 2x your stake
- The two cherries pay 1x your stake
Jack on Hold bonus features
These are mostly limited to wild wins that create respins and the standard 50-50 gamble feature offered after each line win. A reel covered with identical symbols also doubles your winnings for the round.
Jack on Hold review: our verdict
This is definitely a step up from the usual revamped fruit machine western themed slot, with enough depth and extras to become a classic in its own right.
If you are keen for more, check out the Dead or Alive slot. This classic cowboy theme features action in saloons and bars as you chase the reward on a group of bandits’ heads.
Disclaimer: Jack on Hold trademark / license is owned by Wazdan. This site is not endorsed by Wazdan.
|Slot Name:||Jack on Hold|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||$0.10 (CAD)|
|Max Bet:||$100 (CAD)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Respins, Sub Symbols In Feature, Gamble, 3 Reels|
|Available in CA?||Game is not available in CA.|
What is the RTP of Jack on Hold?
The RTP of this game is 96.40 per cent.
How volatile is Jack on Hold?
Jack on Hold is classed as a medium volatility slot.
What is the biggest win available on Jack on Hold?
Players can aim for a top payout of 500x the wagered credits.
Does Jack on Hold have a free spins bonus round?
No, but respins are sometimes an option.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|9 Lions||96.59||Medium volatility||1000|
|Black Hawk Deluxe||96.47%||Medium volatility||500|
|Burning Stars 3||96.15%||2187|
|Colin the Cat||96.10%||2000|
|Dino Reels 81||96.44%||12000|
|Double Tigers||96.43||Medium volatility||4000|
|Hot 777 Deluxe||96.19||Medium volatility||20000|
|Jelly Reels||96.22%||High volatility||2500|
|Magic Stars||96.25%||Medium volatility|
|Magic Target||96.63%||Medium volatility|
|Mayan Ritual||96.29||Medium volatility||1650|
|Power of Gods: ...||96.19%||8000|
|Telly Reels||96.19%||Medium volatility||1400|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review