- Good betting range available to personalise play
- Top prize of 2,000x your total bet in bonus round
- Easy to play
- Extremely poor theme - if any at all
- Very distracting soundtrack that needs to be turned off quickly
The opening titles suggest an Oriental adventure, but what you get is a combination of a dragon-themed game and a classic bricks-and-mortar slot. There are few bonus features, other than dragon wilds and a bonus game, and an exceptionally low return to player average of 94.17 per cent.
Graphics & Theme
This is a dragon themed slot with a sleek look - or it is when the title page loads. This first page is filled with the red and gold tones that you might expect from a slot of this type, and if you keep your eyes closed, the Oriental-inspired soundtrack carries the theme on perfectly when the reels appear. The problem is that once those all-important spinning reels and symbols show themselves, the dragon theme falls by the wayside. We were genuinely surprised when the reels loaded and we were faced with a standard set of 7s and Bars set on a cloud-like background. At this stage, we were just hoping that the theme might become more apparent as the action started to play out. Read on to find out if it did.
Golden Dragon Club RTP and Variance
This game has an extremely low return to player average of just 94.17 per cent. This is well below what you might expect from an online slot, given that most offer RTPs of around 96 per cent. The variance level is unknown.
How to Play Golden Dragon Club
Aspect Gaming slots online are generally easy to understand, but it is always good to have a few handy hints so you can hit the ground running if you decide to give Golden Dragon Club a try:
- If you’re playing the desktop version of the game, the spin button is on the right of the reels and the gear tab to access the menu settings is on the left. There is also a range of settings and important options under the reels that you will need to take a look at before you spin.
- Beneath the reels, you will find the up and down arrows that will allow you to decide how much you want to bet per line. The minimum you can choose is 0.01 and the maximum is 5.00.
- The paylines are fixed in this game, so the amount you decide to bet on each line will be reflected automatically in the Total Bet section.
- Your playing balance is displayed in the bottom left corner of your desktop screen, and wins are shown in the opposite corner.
- You will find the Autospin settings beneath the start button. Click on the tab and open a menu where you can choose how many spins you want the game to play automatically and what criteria you want to set to decide when the game stops playing on its own.
- The gear symbol allows you to access a range of different settings. This is another way to change your betting and Autospin choices, along with giving you access to the game’s paytable and its sound and speed settings.
- The easiest way to turn the sound on and off is to use the speaker tab in the top right corner of the desktop screen.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
Prizes in this game are based on a multiplier of your bet, and stake options range from 0.10 to 50.00. This game has a slightly different prize structure than most online slots and pays out for diamonds, corners and three-of-a-kind. There are ten different ways you can win. The biggest prizes are paid out for diamond collections and four corner combinations. Here’s the most you could win for the different symbols:
Golden dragon - 1,000
Red 7 - 100
Yellow 7 - 70
Blue 7 - 40
Triple Bar - 30
Double Bar - 24
Single Bar - 20
Any 7s - 8
Any Bars - 4
Cherries - 4
There is a Wintrack bar displayed in the game’s paytable section that will show you your gaming history, including wins, losses, and features triggered.
Golden Dragon Club Bonus Features
The cherries are the symbols you need to look out for in order to launch the bonus game. The Dragon Bonus is triggered by at least four of the cherries on the reel, and what you receive is based on how many of the cherries land. There is the potential to win as much as 2,000x your win in this game. Here’s a rundown of the multipliers that can be won for different numbers of cherry symbols:
Four cherries - 2-20x your total bet
Five - 8-80x
Six - 20-200x
Seven - 40-400x
Eight - 80-800x
Nine - 200-2,000x
Golden Dragon Club review
The major downside of this game is the theme - or lack of it. Aspect Gaming have presented this as a kind of Oriental or dragon-themed game, but it seems that the theme was an afterthought rather than a driver for the design. There is only one dragon symbol, and apart from the blaring Asian-inspired music, there are no references to Chinese culture or dragons at all. Even the game’s scatter symbols are cherries, indicating that the makers really weren’t bothered about the theme at all.
As for the gameplay, it is easy to follow but it doesn’t offer anything special, and there are certainly more entertaining and aesthetically pleasing options available. The RTP is also a pitifully low 94.17 per cent, giving you yet another reason to look elsewhere for your online slots spinning fun.
Disclaimer: Golden Dragon Club trademark / license is owned by Aspect Gaming. This site is not endorsed by Aspect Gaming.
|Golden Dragon Club
|Min Bet (all lines covered):
|Bonus Game, 3 Reels
|Available in UK?
|No. :maker does not have a UKGC license and cannot offer their games at UK licensed casinos.
What is the theme of the Golden Dragon Club slot?
This is supposedly a dragon-themed game ,but it is more like a basic, classic slot. If you like the idea of a dragon theme, you may want to take a look at the Royal Golden Dragon slot instead.
What is the RTP of the Golden Dragon Club slot?
The return to player average of this game is an extremely low 94.17 per cent.
Games by Same Maker
|5 Lucky Elements
|All That Glitters
|Altin Icin Gol
|Ba Xian Chuan Qi
|Fa Fa Long
|Fortune Cats (A...
|Fortune of the ...
|Golden Fortune ...
|Golden Piggy's ...
|Hu Got Lucky?
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review