- Up to 100 free spins
- Up to 15x multiplier
- 243 ways to win
- RTP and volatility are unknown
- The theme is unoriginal
Golden Empire is an online video slot developed by Iconic Gaming. It has five reels, three rows, 243 ways to win, and an unknown RTP and volatility. Features include free spins with multipliers, wilds, and scatters.
Golden Empire is a Far East-inspired slot from Iconic Gaming. This 243 ways to win slot offers up to 100 free spins with progressive multipliers. Land bonus symbols to trigger the free spins feature, watch the multipliers grow and see what your fortune holds.
Theme, graphics & soundtrack
While the Chinese/Far East theme is common amongst slots, Golden Empire’s artwork and animations are colourful and bright. The symbols are held on semi-translucent reels suspended in a golden frame against the background of a temple. Chinese lanterns flicker on either side of the reels, while glowing dust motes float to the ground. The soundtrack is played on a Chinese lute. Amongst the symbols are a tiger, two dragons, a golden bird and a golden fish, plus the lower-tier playing card symbols from ten to ace. The win animations are simple but effective, with the winning symbols lighting up with sparkles while the win amount is displayed clearly on the middle reel.
Golden Empire RTP and variance
The RTP and variance for this game are unknown at the time of writing.
How to play Golden Empire
- Once the game loads, you will see a brief splash screen that shows a brief overview of the game's main features before taking you to the reels.
- Before you start, take a moment to familiarise yourself with the game's rules and its paytable, and take the opportunity to adjust the settings. You can do this by touching the menu button to reveal settings for the soundtrack and sound effects. These can be toggled on or off.
- Next, adjust your bet. To do this, touch the + and - buttons to either side of the bet amount. This will move the bet multiplier up and down through 11 levels
- On the laptop version, you can press and hold the spacebar to speed up the reel spin animations.
- The autoplay button will open a menu to select the number of automatic spins. It is possible to set autospins to infinity but there are no loss limit settings available for this game. When playing, make sure you keep an eye on your balance and be ready to touch the stop button before you need to, even if you are playing in demo mode.
- You are now all set to play. Always play responsibly by setting an affordable budget and never chasing losses. If a game is no longer fun, it is time to walk away.
Bet sizes & paytable wins
Bets range from 1.50 credits to 750 credits per spin. Bets are adjusted by 11 bet multiplier levels, ranging from 1x to 500x.
The highest-paying symbol on the paytable is the wolf-dragon, which pays 50x the total betamount for five of a kind.
Golden Empire free spins round
Land three bonus scatters to win ten free spins. During the free spins round, the multiplier increases with each spin, starting at 1x for the first spin, 2x for the second, 3x for the third, and so on until it reaches 10x for the last. Should three bonus symbols land during the bonus feature, an extra ten free spins are added to the remaining total. On the 11th free spin, the win multiplier jumps from 10x to 15x. The free spins can be triggered a maximum of nine times, meaning a maximum of 100 free spins. All free spin wins from 11 to 100 are multiplied by 15x
Golden Empire review: our verdict
Golden Empire may be one of hundreds of Far East-inspired free play slots but it is among the first of the Iconic Gaming free slots to be featured here at Slots Temple. It may look like a straightforward 5x3 video slot but the 243 ways to win and the multipliers on the free spins add an extra dimension to the game. Unlike many slots with incremental multipliers, Golden Empire increases its multiples with every free spin regardless of whether a win occurred. On our test run, we triggered the free spins bonus feature much more frequently than average; however, this may have been due to the demo version settings - without knowing the RTP and variance, it is difficult to tell. In contrast, the wins on the bonus feature were few and far between.
Dragon Gaming's Empire of Riches slot may be a better alternative for players who prefer to take the RTP and volatility into consideration when choosing slots to play.
Disclaimer: Golden Empire trademark / license is owned by Iconic Gaming. This site is not endorsed by Iconic Gaming.
What is the top payout for Golden Empire?
The top-paying symbol on the paytable is the wolf-dragon, which will award you 50x your bet for five of a kind. If you are lucky enough to win this during the free spins bonus, it could be multiplied by up to 15x. This means you could win up to 750x your bet for a single line of five.
Can free spins be retriggered?
Yes, free spins can be retriggered, ten at a time! The maximum number of free spins in a single bonus round is 100.
How does the multiplier work?
The multiplier works in the free spins bonus round only. It increases by 1x with every free spin, regardless of whether the previous spin yielded a win.
How does the 243 ways to win work?
243 ways to win means that as long as symbols of the same kind appear on adjacent reels starting from the far left, they will result in a win regardless of configuration. Symbols appearing more than once on the same reel can potentially contribute to multiple wins on the same spin.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|China Face Chan...||2900|
|Eternity of Dia...||2466|
|Fa Fa Fa (Iconi...||5000|
|Golden Pig Good...||1111|
|Great Sword of ...||1836|
|Happy Year of t...||1000|
|Life After Life||302|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review