Thunderkick develops high-end and innovative online games for fans of all genres and, despite being a relatively young company, has already established itself as a leading name in the gaming industry. Thunderkick is based in the Swedish capital, Stockholm, and holds a Maltese gaming license. The in-house team have many years of experience and have combined their extensive skills to create a number of popular online games. All gaming development is carried out in-house, giving Thunderkick unrivalled control of their content and platforms. Click here to read more.
Slots Reviews (Game Unavailable)
⭐ Thunderkick Slots have an aggregate user rating of 3.9/5 from 270 votes. ⭐
The Thunderkick focus is on delivering high-end entertaining and amusing games that firmly place quality ahead of quantity. The team aim to improve the experience of online gamers and make virtual casinos into attractive, engaging environments for users from all backgrounds.
The Thunderkick Team
Who are the people behind the games? Thunderkick is a small independent studio with a team of around 50 people who work to deliver games and content on their terms. Founded in Stockholm in 2012, Thunderkick has stuck to its ideal of staying true to itself and delivering a wide range of fantastic content that will appeal to everyone.
Top Thunderkick Slots
Thunderkick's catalogue has just passed the 50 slots mark, comprising a variety of high-quality slots that come in both series and one-offs. If you are not sure where to start, here are a few of Thunderkick's more popular slots:
Midas Golden Touch
This is a high variance slot based on the famous King Midas myth. Featuring wilds that can multiply wins up to 32 times and a bonus feature of up to 20 free spins, Midas Golden Touch is a great-looking and atmospheric slot. It also has a top possible payout of 10,100x your bet.
With six reels and 4,086 ways to win, Carnival Queen has a top possible payout of 22,700x your bet and boasts an infinite multiplier during its bonus feature. Free spins can be re-triggered and the variety of features makes for an entertaining game. This colourful slot evokes the atmosphere of Mardi Gras and has medium variance.
With no reels to speak of, Fruit Warp lets you throw fruits against a wall and watch it splatter. This offers a very different experience to the same old spinning reels you will see in almost all online slots. Despite its chaotic layout, the gameplay is the same as any conventional slot - matching fruits awards prizes. Bonus features include a Fruit Mode feature, which includes a Fruit Warp meter that offers the potential for re-spins and multipliers.
Magicious is another fun slots game from Thunderkick and sees the traditional reels replaced by levitating boxes. When a winning combo is achieved, the magician’s assistant character will strike her wand at the relevant boxes and unleash the player’s prizes, adding a fun element to the game.
Riders of the Storm
A 243-ways slot, Riders of the Storm is one of the few slots that will allow you to pick the variance level during its bonus feature, which includes different combinations of free spins and multipliers. It portrays a fantasy steampunk pirating theme through impressive graphics and sound effects.
Big Fin Bay
Themed around a Mediterranean-style fishing bay, Big Fin Bay has six reels and 5,040 ways to win. Free spins are its main bonus feature, during which the reels will expand until they can reach a maximum of 117,649 ways. Stacked wilds add to the winning potential and will grant re-spins during the bonus game.
Thunderkick Slot Series
The games in Thunderkick's slot series are amongst the most popular. More often than not, follow-up games will share a common feature but with an added twist, ranging from a subtle difference in scoring to a whole new bonus game. Some slot series to look out for are:
The Crystal Quest series follows the adventures of a plucky red-haired character called Gemma, whose search for gems takes her from the Deep Jungle to the Arcane Tower and finally to the Frostlands across the three-game series - which feature similar features, like:
- All entries in the series are high variance 4,096-ways slots
- They all feature cascading reels
- All three games have a free spins round with an initial 12 free spins, increasing by three if a scatter lands during the bonus round, and multipliers hold until all free spins are used
Beat the Beast
Unlike Crystal Quest, each of the five games in the Beat the Beast series has its own distinct feature in addition to the 10 free spins bonus round. Themed around quests to deal with mythical beasts, they have beautifully designed graphics and moving soundtracks:
- Kraken's Lair: With the highest potential payout of the whole series at 7,777x your wager, Kraken's Lair features the Golden Kraken that can cause all non-wild symbols to expand and increase the chances of winning.
- Mighty Sphinx: This slot has perhaps the most straightforward bonus structure in that it has a more generous free spins re-trigger and symbols can turn wild during the bonus game.
- Quetzalcoatl's Trial: There is a five-level bonus feature in Quetzalcoatl's Trial, where extra wilds are collected during the free spins round. Collect enough wilds and you will move up to the next level. One of the lower-paying symbols will get an upgrade to a medium level and you will get two more extra spins.
- Cerberus' Inferno: Stacked wilds are the signature feature of Cerberus' Inferno and appear in both the base game and the free spins game.
- Griffin's Gold. The free spins round includes a roaming wild that will stay on the screen throughout the entire round, substitute for any symbol and multiply your winnings.
As the most popular of Thunderkick's series here at Slots Temple at the time of writing, the two Pink Elephants games have 4,096 ways to win. The variance on Pink Elephants 2 is higher than the original game, but the underlying gameplay is the same.
The free spins round has a four-level bonus feature that transforms lower-paying symbols into elephants (in Pink Elephants 1) and higher-paying symbols (in Pink Elephants 2).
Thunderkick Awards and Nominations
Thunderkick's slots haven't gone unnoticed at awards events. Some notable honours include:
- Pink Elephants 2 received three nominations at the 2020 SlotCatalog Awards
- Thunderkick was nominated twice in the AskGamblersAwards for Best Provider of the Year
- The studio received a nomination for Esquelito Explosivo 2 for Best Slot in 2021 in the AskGamblers Awards
The Thunderkick Approach
Thunderkick has turned the traditional bonus and special feature aspects of online gaming on its head. The unique selling point of Thunderkick games is their overall design and the high quality of the gameplay experience. Several Thunderkick games use alternatives to the classic spinning reels, making them entertaining to watch whether you win or lose.
Thunderkick Slots FAQs
How long has Thunderkick been around?
Thunderkick has been developing games since 2012.
Are Thunderkick slots legit?
With licenses from the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority, Thunderkick operates totally above board.
What kind of players will enjoy Thunderkick slots?
Thunderkick slots are known for their quirky themes and innovative gameplay, so they are best suited for modern players.
What are the best slots from Thunderkick?
There are several slots from Thunderkick that players seem to enjoy the most, like Wild Heist at Peacock Manor, Esqueleto Explosivo and Pink Elephants.
Where is Thunderkick based?
Thunderkick is based in Stockholm, Sweden.