- The dragon keeps each spin interesting
- Matching different gemstones opens different bonus features
- Cracking fantasy-themed soundtrack
- Graphics are a little dated
- Autoplay feature is not the most sophisticated
Dragon Lore is an online slot developed by Bulletproof. It has an RTP of 95.96 per cent and an estimated volatility of medium to high. Its features include wilds and free spins with different qualities.
Despite the final season of Game of Thrones being widely derided by reviewers and fans alike, dragons remain a popular theme across many types of media. Bulletproof's debut online slot, Dragon Lore, is based upon this theme.
Dragon Lore is a five-reel, four-row slot with 20 paylines. Players can stack multiple wins on each spin and feed their dragon with gems to access the bonus features and go for the big wins.
A big part of the game, the dragon perches atop the reels, ruling over the proceedings and getting involved if big wins are in the offing.
As with all online slot games, it is advisable to take advantage of free demo play here at Slots Temple to see how the gameplay and features work before staking real money at an online casino. We have Bulletproof Games free slots alongside slots from other developers.
Theme, graphics & soundtrack
As the name suggests, Dragon Lore is based around the mythology regarding dragons - particularly mythology that portrays dragons as guardians of incalculable riches.
The graphics are bright and detailed if a little on the retro side. This game certainly looks as if it will be at home on devices where internet access is at a premium and bandwidth potentially less than ideal. The symbols are clear and easy to distinguish and the dragon is always worth keeping half an eye on. Our fire-breathing friend can exert influence on the spins of the reels, including holding symbols and granting respins in certain situations.
The soundtrack features a synthesised choral track that sits above a bed of driving orchestral strings. Listening out for the dragon's movements provides clues as to when big things may be happening on the reels. The music and sound effects are unobtrusive, adding to the gameplay by punctuating the reveal of winning symbols, spin wins and entry into the bonus feature.
Dragon Lore RTP & volatility
The long-term average RTP for Dragon Lore is 95.96 per cent. Specific volatility data for Dragon Lore is not available at this time, but Bulletproof games are renowned for balancing their RTP and volatility to ensure a fun time is had by all players. Generally speaking, its games fall somewhere between high and medium.
How to play Dragon Lore
1. As with any online slot that you may be unfamiliar with, it is a good idea to take a look at the paytable of Dragon Lore before you start spinning the reels. The paytable is found by clicking the 'i' icon below the reels. This is a multi-screen affair, beginning with the paylines before showing the paytable amounts and information about wilds and the bonus feature.
2. The full game rules for Dragon Lore are available by clicking the question mark icon. This sets out in detail how various features and other elements of the gameplay work.
3. Set your bet by clicking the coins icon at the bottom of the reels. All available bets are displayed when clicking this icon, making for easy comparison and choice between the bet amounts from minimum to maximum.
4. It is possible to run Dragon Lore via the autoplay feature, which enables a maximum of 100 spins to be played consecutively. For autoplay to operate, you must specify the loss limit for the session. Autoplay can be stopped at any time during gameplay by clicking the autoplay button again.
5. If you want to spin the reels manually, simply click the spin button to the bottom right of the screen.
6. Reel spins can be stopped immediately by pressing the spin button with the reels in motion - it will say 'slam' at this point. This is not a skill-based feature, with the reels simply stopping immediately in the position they would have landed had they been left to spin.
7. Set a budget for each session playing Dragon Lore and stick to it. Play Dragon Lore responsibly and stop when it is no longer fun.
Bet sizes & paytable wins
Dragon Lore has 20 paylines, which are active on every spin of the reels. The minimum bet is 0.20, or 0.01 per line. The maximum bet is 80.00, which equates to 4.00 per payline.
- Matching five jack, queen or king symbols is worth 10x the initial line bet.
- Matching four dragon symbols is also worth 10x.
- Matching five of any of the gemstones will enter the free spins feature. These do not have to appear on paylines to open the feature.
- Revealing five wild symbols will pay out as if five dragons have been matched. Wilds will substitute for any other symbol in the game.
Dragon Lore bonus features & free spins
To enter the Dragon Lore free spins feature, five or more matching gemstones must be revealed on the reels. It is possible to match five or more gemstones of two or more colours (five of each type of gemstone is needed), which will stack free spins for each type of gemstone.
The free spins have different qualities depending on which type of gemstone was matched; for example, lightning spins enable the dragon to add multipliers to wins, whilst air spins enable the dragon to blow symbols away to reveal wilds.
Overall review: our verdict
Dragon Lore is a great game with innovative bonus features. The antics of the dragon are sure to keep people playing.
Disclaimer: Dragon Lore trademark / license is owned by Bulletproof Games. This site is not endorsed by Bulletproof Games.
|Slot Name:||Dragon Lore|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£80 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Free Spins, 5 Reels, High volatility|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Bulletproof Games have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Dragon Lore?
The RTP is 95.96 per cent.
What is the volatility?
The volatility is not stated; however, we estimate it to be medium to high.
Are there other fantasy or dragon-themed online slots available for free play?
There are plenty of dragon themed slots available for free demo play, such as Dragon's Myth slot demo. Get stuck in and try these out before playing for real.
What is the maximum win for a spin?
There is a maximum win of 2,500x your stake when spinning the reels.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Blackbeard (Bul...||95.01%||High volatility||1000|
|Crystal Falls M...||95%||4106|
|Diamond Symphony||95.00%||High volatility||50000|
|Mega Cash Stack||96%||High volatility||2250|
|Tempered Steel||96.09%||Low volatility||715|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review