- High RTP
- Unusual cluster pays
- No gamble feature
- No progressive jackpot
- No bonus game
Jewel Race Halloween is an online slot from Golden Hero.
It has six reels, six columns and no paylines. Instead of paylines it uses cluster plays. According to Golden Hero, the RTP is 96.95 per cent. Its variance level is medium. It has a Halloween-themed setting of a spooky old house, and it features scatters, wilds and free spins.
Golden Hero is part of the huge Bally’s Corporation, a gaming, betting and interactive entertainment company based in Rhode Island, USA. They have a pleasingly diverse portfolio of free play slots now widely available all over the internet. One of the most popular Golden Hero slots is their Jewel Race slot, which they have decided to give a makeover by giving it a special Halloween theme.
Jewel Race Halloween has a six-reel, six-column grid with what some describe as 12 pay lines, but it doesn’t operate in the conventional manner of slots, opting instead for a cluster-match method of three symbols matching horizontally or vertically. The minimum bet value is 0.20 and the maximum is 100.00. There are eight regular symbols - Bat, Chain, Spider, Pumpkin - and four shattered jewels of different colours. Special symbols are the Cauldron, the Mirror (wild) and an Eye in a Bottle (scatter).
Theme, Graphics and Soundtrack
This has some very nicely judged visuals and a tongue-in-cheek musical soundtrack with ghoulish, clattering sound effects. The grid is quite small and completely transparent, which makes the most of the very detailed and beautifully drawn background - a dead tree with gesticulating branches, a boarded-up house with green lights glowing in the windows, a treacherous winding path leading to its door, broken-down gates and railings and a nest of menacing jack-o-lanterns all set the scene extremely effectively.
The symbols are equally well realised with the constantly darting disembodied eye in a bottle being the highlight. The cascade is an attractive effect which you sacrifice in turbo mode. It’s all very silly, of course, but the gusto with which the designers have tackled their brief has certainly delivered the goods.
Jewel Race Halloween RTP and Variance
According to Golden Hero, Jewel Race Halloween has an RTP of 96.95 per cent. The variance is medium.
How to Play Jewel Race Halloween
- Jewel Race Halloween is a matching symbol game. The objective is to land three or more matching symbols in a row, either vertically or horizontally. Symbols can be part of multiple winning combinations.
- Winning combinations are removed from the board, and the remaining symbols will cascade downwards. New symbols fill the vacated slots and can form new winning combinations. Whenever there is a cascade, the win multiplier, shown below the grid, is increased. The available win multipliers are x1, x2, x4, x6 and x8.
- To choose a bet, press the circular Bet Menu and select from the available options. To adjust a bet use the plus and minus buttons.
- Click the small button to the right of the play button to open the autoplay menu, where you can set the number of autoplays from 10 to 250. Here you have several other options. You can set the game to stop on any win and to stop at a specified level of loss.
- Press Start to spin the reels with the current bet. Press the fast-forward button on the left of the volume button to switch to fast play.
- Wilds substitute for all symbols except scatters and cauldrons. Cauldrons do not form winning combinations.
- Scatters win anywhere on the board. Five, six or seven scatters award 10, 15 and 20 free spins respectively.
- When there are no more winning combinations on the board, each cauldron will reveal a hidden symbol. The new symbol may be a scatter or a non-winning symbol.
- Make sure that you play responsibly and never gamble with money that you cannot afford to lose. If you aren't enjoying these games, then it's time to stop.
Bet Sizes and Paytable Wins
The bets go from 0.20 to 100.00. Maximum payout is 250x.
Paytable values go from 3x to 6x. The highest pay-outs are as follows:
6 = 250
6 = 150
6 = 100
6 = 75
6 = 50
6 = 30
6 = 25
Jewel Race Halloween Bonus Features
Free Spins Feature
When there are no more winning combinations on the grid, the scatters are counted. If there are five or more scatters, then the free spins feature will be activated. The number of free spins awarded depends on the number of scatters on the board. Additional free spins may be awarded during a free round.
Jewel Race Halloween Review: Our Verdict
Although not wildly innovative, this does make for a refreshing experience. The decision to keep the grid small helps sustain the atmosphere, and the movement of the reels is nicely fluid. The cumulative multiplier feature is a nice touch, the unexpected performance of the cauldron keeps you guessing and although the payouts are not huge, the high RTP makes them worthwhile. Entertaining.
Disclaimer: Jewel Race Halloween trademark / license is owned by Golden Hero. This site is not endorsed by Golden Hero.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Jewel Race Halloween|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£200 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Multiplier, Free Spins, Clusters, 6 Reels, Cascading|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Golden Hero have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP and variance of Jewel Race Halloween?
The RTP is 96.95 per cent, which is above average for an online slot. The variance is medium.
What does RTP mean?
RTP stands for Return to Player. This denotes the amount players can expect to get back from the game over time. It's always lower than the amount staked.
What is variance?
Variance or volatility is a concept that measures the size and frequency of the pay-outs. A high-variance game will make infrequent large payouts, while low-variance games will give smaller payouts more often.
Are the spin results genuinely random?
Yes, the spins are not influenced by anything other than the random number generator, which uses algorithms to mimic the laws of chance.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Battle Dwarf Xmas||96.41%||20|
|Engeki Rising x50||96.63%||50|
|High Roller Bon...||96.32%||500|
|Jewel Race Sakura||97.0%||Medium volatility||1500|
|Jewel Race Wint...||96.95%||1500|
|Mimi And The Ma...||96%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Monster Domination||96.65%||Medium volatility||5100|
|Ninja Hero Goemon||96.47%||Medium volatility||7300|
|Raigeki Rising x30||96.33%||30|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review