This desert island dream is from the KA Gaming online slots catalogue. With its very appropriate title, Polynesian features plenty of the traditional images that this south-central Pacific island group is famous for. With its 5x3 layout and 243 betways, Polynesian is a medium volatility slot with a generous RTP of 96 per cent. The main free game bonus has two side bonus games on offer, which could lead to a top prize well beyond 1,500 coins.
A brief introduction
Polynesian is a pleasant, low-key kind of slot that offers a great opportunity to step into a tropical paradise of sun, sand, fascinating history and rich culture.
The designers at KA Gaming have made a great effort to deliver a game with mass appeal, being edgy enough to offer something a little different but familiar enough to be comfortable to play.
Game theme, graphics & soundtrack
Polynesian sports a clever mix of the jungle, Pacific seas and history. This combination blends well and can be seen throughout the slot in both the images and sounds.
The backdrop to this slot is a subtle pale blue, which is the perfect foil for the eye-catching 3D symbols that decorate the reels. Although the icons on display dominate, space has been given to some typical Polynesian images such as foliage, trees and tropical jungle.
Polynesian reveals a fascinating window into life in a remote tropical island group. The symbols featured in the slot are a valuable part of this experience, including:
- Three amazing Moai carved statues, which were created over 500 years ago.
- A scary Tiki head made from terracotta-coloured material.
- Traditional Polynesian sailing boats.
- A traditional drum.
- An islander, who represents the <b>wild icon</b>.
- The usual playing cards, each depicted on an unusual coin-like image.
Some slots can be spoiled by the over-intrusive sound effects, but the designers have made an effort here. Players can enjoy a Polynesian-style ukulele-based tune as the reels spin and the tinkle of tambourines as they settle.
How to play Polynesian
1. Launch the game.
2. Take a look at the control panel, which is mostly placed across the bottom on the reels. The buttons are easy to read and to use, which gives this slot instant appeal to all players. From the far left are spaces that display wins, the total bet staked and the current coin balance held, along with the buttons used to spin, set a new or max bet limit, and retrieve information on the slot.
3. Make any adjustments needed to have the perfect stake set-up. The fastest way to change things involves clicking the ‘new bet’ button, which generates a table featuring various amounts you can choose to play.
4. If you fancy a hands-off approach, simply hold down the mouse on the general spin button and choose either 200, 100, 50 or 25 turns.
5. Keep an eye on your winnings, which appear at both the top and bottom of the screen.
Paytable & wagering details
A great plus point for Polynesian is the flexible wagering system in operation. Prizes are awarded when three or more matching symbols fall together across the reels, with players able to stake up to 25 coins - each with a value of 0.01 to 40.00 - every turn.
There are several ways to win in this Polynesian slot; as usual, some ways are more lucrative than others. Looking at the paytable, we can see:
- The wild, which features the islander symbol. This is the best payer, with 500 to 1,500 coins awarded for three to five matches.
- The three Moai statues and the traditional ships also offer a decent reward of between 100 and 1,500 coins for landing three to five of the same symbol during one turn.
- The drum pays out between 50 and 400 coins.
- The lowest rewards come from the standard letter/number icons, where the best reward five matches will get you is 150 coins. The lowest prize for three is just 10 coins.
No matter how much fun or how well-paying the main reels are, it is the <b>bonus features</b> that add that extra element of excitement to the slot. Polynesian doesn’t let you down in this department, so let’s take a look at just how you could find yourself boosting your coin total through bonus wins.
To cash in here you need just three - or more - scatter symbols, and any position will do. Your reward is two-fold, with a generous extra payment and an amazing 15 free games.
Multiplier bonus game
While you are merrily playing your free games, there is the chance to automatically collect Moai figures. Stack and store these in the meter that appears on the screen, as 12 trigger a bonus of 25x your wager. Keep going until you reach 25 figures and 40x your stake will be your reward.
The wild extra?
While playing the bonus game, the wild icon can help to secure a win; when it does, you benefit from an added multiplier of between 2x and 5x the prize secured.
Overall review and our verdict
Polynesian is not the most action-packed online slot around but it offers plenty of thrills and spills regardless. While the basic theme, visuals and gameplay are pretty average, it is the bonuses that make it sparkle - and sparkle it does.
If we could request one minor revision, it would be to have some appropriate background music available throughout the game, largely to create just a little more atmosphere.
Disclaimer: Polynesian trademark / license is owned by KA Gaming. This site is not endorsed by KA Gaming.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.25 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£50 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Multiplier, Free Spins, 5 Reels, 243 Ways, Medium volatility|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
What is the RTP of Polynesian?
The RTP of this slot is 96 per cent.
How volatile is Polynesian?
It is validated as a medium volatility slot.
What is the biggest win available on Polynesian?
In the regular game, 1,500 coins is the highest individual payout. This could be increased if free games are triggered as a result.
Does Polynesian have a free spins bonus round?
Yes, 15 free spins are awarded each time you land three scatters anywhere on the reels.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|66 Route||95.91%||Medium volatility||8100|
|7 Heroines||96.00%||Medium volatility||600|
|Africa Run||95.99%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Age of Vikings||95.98%||Medium volatility||6000|
|Aladdin (KA Gam...||1500|
|Ares God of War||96.02%||Medium volatility||1200|
|Bakery Sweetness||95.77%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Cai Yuan Guang ...||95.90%||6400|
|California Gold...||96.06%||Medium volatility||3600|
|Fortune Lions (...||100|
|Last Fantasy||96.00%||Medium volatility||6000|
|Legend of Dragons||96.05%||Medium volatility||20000|
|Princess Wencheng||95.99%||Medium volatility||200|
|The Lotus Lamp||96.01%||Medium volatility||500|
|Three Heroes||Low volatility||10|
|Treasure Carp||96%||Low volatility||4400|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review