From the developers at High 5 Games comes The Swordsman, a fantasy-themed slot with 50 paylines. Follow the titular character on your quest to land riches with the help of wilds, mystery stacked symbols and free spins. It has six reels, an RTP of 96 per cent, and is bound to transport you to another land as you spin the reels.
Introduction to The Swordsman
With its 50 paylines set across six reels, players of The Swordsman look to have plenty of chances to win in this fantasy-themed game. The swirls of gold and strong characters help to make this slot feel powerful and one that easily entices players in. The graphics are not quite cutting-edge, but they are done well and really help to set the scene.
In terms of features, there are a few to keep you going. It has the traditional wilds and a great free spins feature in addition to the super stacks feature that sees random mystery symbols appear on the reels. It is not jam-packed, but it has just the right number of features to keep it enjoyable to play.
The Swordsman game theme and storyline
Fantasy-themed slots can be hit or miss depending on the quality of the graphics and how well they manage to project the storyline across. According to High 5 Games, this slot tells the tale of a man who first picked up his sword to defend his planet against outsiders and their planned oppression. Whilst this may not be overly obvious when playing the game, it certainly sets the scene as a man on a journey with trials and tribulations along the way - think Highlander meets The Witcher.
The fantast element is obvious in this slot with the otherworldly background and appearance of strong, princess-like women gracing the reels. They may look inviting, yet their intense stares and golden outfits make them seem untouchable, which is something The Swordsman will no doubt have a problem with. Let’s call them the princess warriors due to their royal yet strong appearances. Whether they are there to help or hinder him remains to be seen.
RTP and volatility of The Swordsman
The Swordsman has an RTP of 96 per cent. There is currently no volatility rating.
How to play The Swordsman
1. As the game loads, you are treated to a loading screen featuring The Swordsman and snippets of info about the main features. Don’t worry if this disappears too quickly, as you can easily find the information in the main game.
2. When the game loads, click the plus icon in the top corner and then the information icon. This takes you to the game rules, paylines and information about the features. It is always worth starting off here so that you can get to grips with how the game works.
3. Next, decide on how much you would like to bet. This can be done using the arrows at the side of the bet option below the reels.
4. You may prefer to set up autoplay, where you can select between 10 and 100 automatic spins with loss and win limits.
5. Once you are comfortable with your choices, click the large spin icon to get started.
The Swordsman bet and win sizes
When you adjust your bet total, you are given several options that allow you to play it safe or bet big, depending on your preference. There is a minimum bet of 50 and a maximum of 50,000 credits, which is based on between 1 and 1,000 being played across the 50 paylines.
Your prize is based on how much you have at stake, with line wins multiplied by your bet per line. These are the multipliers available for each symbol:
- Queen and king - pay 1, 6, 11 and 30 for 3, 4, 5 and 6 of a kind.
- Ace - pays 2, 7, 12 and 20 for 3, 4, 5 and 6 of a kind.
- Rings - pay 4, 10. 20 and 30 for 3, 4, 5 and 6 of a kind.
- Princess warriors - pay 8, 15, 30 and 60 for 3, 4, 5 and 6 of a kind.
- Swordsman - pays 4, 10, 20, 50 and 100 for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of a kind.
The Swordsman bonus features
The slot logo is the wild and will substitute for all symbols, minus the scatter, with the hope of creating a winning combination. The Super Stacks feature is in play during the base game. At the start of each spin, mystery symbols on the reels will transform into a random symbol that can appear stacked.
All mystery symbols will transform into the same one, which gives you a much higher chance of matching several of a kind and landing a decent win.
The scatter symbol is the sword and will only appear on reels two, three, four and five. To trigger the free games bonus, you must land between 12 and 16 scatters. This will award you the same number of free spins.
Conclusion of The Swordsman
High 5 Games make solid, enjoyable slots, with The Swordsman no different. The graphics may be a little basic for those looking to immerse themselves in the fantasy genre, but the gameplay is smooth and the features work well. It is probably not the best choice for those who are looking for an action-packed slot full of excitement, yet it appeals as an entertaining slot overall.
If you enjoyed The Swordsman, you might like
If you want to try out similar slots from the fantasy category, why not check out Avalon II, Highlander, Game of Thrones, Valkyrie Fire, Sword of Destiny, or the Golden Knight slot?
Disclaimer: The Swordsman trademark / license is owned by High 5. This site is not endorsed by High 5.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||The Swordsman|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.50 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£500 (GBP)|
|Features:||Progressive , Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Multiplier , Free Spins , 5 Reels , Low volatility|
|Themes:||Action & Adventure|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
The Swordsman FAQS
What is the RTP of The Swordsman?
This slot has an RTP of 96 per cent.
Can I play The Swordsman for free?
Yes, you can play this and more High 5 demo slots right here at Slots Temple.
Does The Swordsman have a free spins bonus round?
Yes, land between 12 and 16 scatters to receive the same number of free spins.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review