- Solid 96.56% RTP
- Low volatility good for cautious players
- Expanded Wilds with re-spins
- Low volatility may deter high rollers
- No Turbo/Quick Play mode
Eyecon has gone for beautiful simplicity with the 5x3 design and 10 paylines of Crystal Lotus. The symbols are all gems shaped into flowers, and they're both a delight to look at and thematically appropriate. Re-spins accompany Expanding Wilds to add a little extra depth, but not so much that it distracts from the elegant layout. If you’re looking for an Eyecon demo slot to play here at Slots Temple, Crystal Lotus is a good place to start.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
This is a magnificent-looking slot considering its simplicity. It has a plain black background and reels (perhaps to create the sensation of being in an underground cave where you might find these types of crystal?), but that allows the symbols to really shine. With the exception of the traditional 7 and Bar, they’re all flower gems, each one beautifully carved. The vivid colours are refracted through the many facets of each face, catching the light with a sparkle and lustre to make any player want to take them home. Winning spins see them explode with animated sparks that make them seem even more alive.
Unusually for a slot with such a simple theme, it has a proper soundtrack, a delicate melody of gentle colour that really adds to the atmosphere without being too obtrusive. The standard for gem-themed games is set by the iconic Starburst slot, but Crystal Lotus is special in its own right.
Crystal Lotus RTP and Variance
Not only does this slot look good, but it’s full of winning potential, starting with a very nice 96.56% RTP. The low variance means individual wins are smaller, but it also suggests they’ll be more frequent, which makes for a pretty satisfying playing experience.
How to Play Crystal Lotus
If you want to get your hands on these crystals, here’s how you do it:
- Crystal Lotus has a pretty simple, uncluttered layout to allow its gems to shine. There are three buttons on the right of the screen (from top to bottom, they are Autoplay, Spin and Bet) and one at the top (Menu).
- The top of the screen is also where you’ll find displays for your current credits, win and bet, all of which you’ll want to keep an eye on so you stay within your budget.
- When you click the Menu button, you’ll be given three options. “Sound” and “Left Hand Buttons” both come with on and off toggles, but “Help” will take you to the game rules and paytable, which you’ll definitely want to know about before you start.
- Going to the Bet button (which looks like a stack of coins) will actually give you two sliding adjustors. One is for your bet level, but the other controls the number of paylines (up to a maximum of ten). Move them up and down to change both amounts.
- Crystal Lotus has one of the most basic kinds of autoplay. Clicking the button will enable you to choose between ten, 20, 50 and 100 automatic spins if you don’t want to have to keep stopping and starting, but you can’t set it to end when it reaches your loss or single win limits.
- If you want to stay in control of each individual spin, you can just press the regular Spin button, which is the largest of all and right in the centre. The reels will turn once, and then you can consider whether you want to change any of your settings again.
- As always, the most important thing is to keep it fun, so set a budget and stick to your limits as you go.
Bet & Win Sizes
The bet per line adjustor can slide from a 0.01 minimum to a 1.15 maximum, giving a decent range that will particularly suit the more casual or cautious player.
There’s also a fairly simple paytable, with many symbols having the same value. You win when you match them three, four or five times across a payline. Unlike many slots, Crystal Lotus pays both ways, so you don’t have to match them from left to right. Right to left works as well.
Purple, Pink, Green - 5, 10, 50
Blue - 10, 20, 50
Sunflower - 10, 50, 500
7 - 25, 100, 500
Bar - 50, 200, 1500
Crystal Lotus Expanding Wild Re-spin Bonus
This is when the lotus flower of the title becomes important. Like the other symbols, it gleams in crystal but it doesn’t pay cash. It’s a Wild, substituting for other symbols. If you find it one or more times on the second, third, and fourth reels, it will expand to fill that reel. That means your chances of finding a winning line are greatly increased, especially as the Expanded Wild will be held in place for at least one re-spin. If you find more Lotus Wilds during the feature, you can win more re-spins, up to three times. It’s not a free spins bonus like you might find in many slots, but it still adds something extra to the gameplay.
Crystal Lotus Review
This slot would be worth playing just to look at the visual feast of its crystal symbols in their beautiful shapes and colours. The Expanded Wild is, however, a nice little bonus, especially with the re-spins to make sure you can take full advantage of it. It’s a relatively simple slot, but it clearly shows that simple doesn’t mean dull, and you could have a lot of fun playing Crystal Lotus.
Disclaimer: Crystal Lotus trademark / license is owned by Eyecon. This site is not endorsed by Eyecon.
|Slot Name:||Crystal Lotus|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.01 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£13 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Expanding Wilds, 5 Reels|
|Available in UK?||Yes. Eyecon have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Crystal Lotus?
In the long term, the average return works out to 96.56%.
What is the volatility of Crystal Lotus?
This is a low-volatility slot, which reduces the risk even though it also means smaller rewards.
Does Crystal Lotus have a bonus round?
Find one or more Wild symbols on a reel, and they’ll expand to fill that reel from top to bottom. You’ll then be awarded a re-spin, with more re-spins available for more Wilds.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Beez Kneez||95.000%||High volatility||5000|
|Cup Carnaval||94.900%||High volatility||3000|
|Cupids Arrow||N/A||Medium volatility|
|Double Up Ducks||94.900%||Medium volatility||4750|
|Enchanted Prince||94.99%||Medium volatility||2400|
|Fireworks Frenzy||94.941%||High volatility||3000|
|Fluffy Favourites||95.3%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Fluffy Too||95.388%||High volatility||5000|
|Hot off the Press||100|
|Imperial Destiny||95.396%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Irish Luck||95.000%||Medium volatility||1125000|
|Jewel Journey||95.211%||Low volatility||1000|
|Kingdom of Cash||95.377%||High volatility||5000|
|Lost Island||95%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Piggy Payout||94.9%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Secret Garden||95.436%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Shamans Dream||95.44%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Sugar Train||95.064%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Temple of Isis||95.000%||Medium volatility||4750|
|White Wizard De...||96.000%||High volatility||1500|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review