- Gamble feature
- Free spins
- Roll of the dice bonus game
- Low RTP
- No advanced autoplay settings
- No turbo play
Dice 81 is an online slot created by Apollo Games. It has four reels, three rows, 81 paylines, an RTP of 95.0 per cent, and no official variance. Largely based on traditional fruit-themed games, it features wilds and a bonus game with free spins
Part of the burgeoning game development industry emerging from Eastern Europe, Prague-based Apollo Games has built an enviable reputation since it was founded in 2007. Today, Apollo Games free play slots are widely available at many of the best slot casinos in jurisdictions all over the world.
Apollo has created a series of slots that use the basics of conventional fruit-themed games as their starting point. Rather than adding disruptive elements to the form in the same way as Play’n GO’s Fire Joker Freeze slots, Apollo plays it pretty straight, preserving the simplicity of the original with just a few tweaks.
Dice 81 has a 4x3 grid with 81 fixed paylines. The minimum bet is 0.20 and the maximum bet is 60.00. The game has seven regular symbols: a watermelon, a bell, a kiwi fruit, a plum, an orange, a lemon, and cherries. The wild is a joker and there is a dice symbol that awards free spins.
Theme, graphics and soundtrack
There isn’t a great deal to say about the visuals and audio features. The music is rudimentary and reminiscent of the arcades of yesteryear. Visually, it is sharp and smart but very plain and a little wearing after a while.
Dice 81 RTP and variance
The RTP of Dice 81 is 95.0 per cent, which is a percentage point below the average for games of this type. The variance is not recorded, although our impression is that it is fairly low.
How to play Dice 81
- The aim of the game is to match four of the same symbol across the four reels on at least one of the 81 paylines. You can match four on more than one payline, of course, in which case each win will pay out. The level of your win will depend on which symbols you are successful in landing. You can check their values in the paytable, which you can access in the main menu by clicking the question mark.
- To set your bet, you need to click the bet meter on the right-hand side of the control panel. Use the plus and minus signs to scroll through the choices and pick your wager. It is also possible to set your bet in the cash settings menu, which is accessed from the main menu.
- An automatic play feature is available if you would rather not have to spin the reels manually. Click the menu icon, then the settings cog, and finally toggle the autostart button. Alternatively, if you click and hold the start button, this will put the game straight into autoplay mode.
- If you would prefer to play each round in manual mode, click the start button.
- The joker symbol can replace any symbol except the dice.
- Wins on different paylines are added together.
- It is very important that you understand the risks of gambling for money. We support all initiatives intended to promote safe gambling, such as BeGambleAware. We urge you to play responsibly at all times. Ensure that your bets stay within the limits of what you can afford to lose and if the game stops being enjoyable, you should stop playing. You can also control and limit your play by using the self-exclusion and time-out facilities in your gaming account.
Bet sizes and paytable wins
The bet range is from 0.20 to 60.00. The maximum payout is 150x.
Wins are awarded for matching four symbols on any of the 81 paylines. The value for each symbol is as follows:
- Joker (wild) = 30.00
- Watermelon, bell = 2.00
- Kiwi, plum 4 = 0.40
- Orange, lemon, cherries = 0.20
Dice 81 bonus features
The gamble feature offers you the chance to double your winnings. Each time you win, you can either take your winnings, add them to your balance and continue the game or gamble your winnings in the hope of doubling them. To gamble, just press the gamble button that appears when you win. You will see cards shuffling quickly between black and red and have to click your chosen colour when you think it will coincide with the colour appearing in the shuffling deck. The cards move extremely quickly, so this is not easy. The feature will function only if your stake is under half the maximum allowed in the feature.
If you don’t wish to gamble the full amount of your win, you can choose to bank half and bet the other half. You can gamble up to five times. If you gamble incorrectly, you will lose the amount you have bet and the feature will end.
Land three or more dice and you will trigger the bonus game in which you roll the dice to win a number of spins with guaranteed winnings on each.
Dice 81 review: our verdict
This slot is perfect for purists who love a fruit-themed game; what’s more, it is a good entry-level game for beginners. The dice feature is an interesting variation on free spin rounds; however, as is too often the case with Apollo, the RTP and the highest payout let it down.
Disclaimer: Dice 81 trademark / license is owned by Apollo Games. This site is not endorsed by Apollo Games.
|Slot Name:||Dice 81|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£60 (GBP)|
|Features:||Bonus Game, Progressive, Gamble, 4 Reels|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
What are the RTP and volatility?
The RTP (return to player) is 95.0 per cent, which is below the average of 96 per cent for games of this type. The volatility level has not been announced.
What is volatility?
In a game with high volatility or variance, wins will be big but will not occur often. Low volatility means the wins will be more regular but smaller.
What is the highest payout?
The maximum payout is just 150x, which is much lower than most gamers would find satisfactory. They would normally be looking for 3-4,000x.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Bonus Joker 2||95.00%||1440|
|El Dorado Treasure||95.00%||2500|
|Four Fruits 2||95.00%||150|
|Happy Nuts||99.00%||High volatility||500|
|Mad Mechanic De...||95.00%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Mystery Apollo II||95.00%||20|
|Smiling Joker 2||95.00%||432|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review