- Excellent graphics
- High 96.93% RTP
- Free spins with sticky wilds
- No loss and single win limits in autoplay
- No Turbo/quickspin mode
There are lots of little things that make Glorious Empire from NextGen a very special slot. The five reels cover four rows rather than just three, and the 40 paylines pay both ways rather than just from the left. Then there’s a free spins round that also includes sticky wilds. It all means you can have a lot of fun.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
Glorious Empire isn’t explicitly about Ancient Rome, but that’s definitely the big influence here, and it makes for a gorgeous-looking slot. Magnificent statues and temples are depicted in the most vivid graphics - almost real enough for you to touch. This city is set around the edge of a bay, looking out over the calm water under a peaceful purple and pink sky. On the reels are a brave soldier and a beautiful maiden, as well as dramatic symbols like a chariot, helmet and flying horse. There’s an epic soundtrack as well, though the noises of a winning spin are more like traditional slot beeps. Rome: Rise of an Empire may be a good comparison if you’re looking for similar slots.
Glorious Empire RTP and Variance
We say that 96% is the figure to look out for when it comes to RTP, whilst anything that takes it close to 97% is worthy of particular attention. That means that Glorious Empire, with its 96.93% average, is very much at the top of modern slots, though you should still view it with some caution. Medium to high variance means the slot is fairly balanced, but may lean more towards higher risk and reward, meaning cautious players may want to stick to the free version. Even those who enjoy the risk should try the demo before heading to the best slot casinos and gambling real money.
How to Play Glorious Empire
Whether you ride into town or dock on the shore, here’s how to find the treasure:
- There’s a gear floating to the left of the reels. Give it a click and you’ll head straight to your bet settings. From here you can slide the adjustor to your preferred bet amount. The slider for your paylines doesn’t move, as that’s a fixed number.
- Whilst this window is open, you could click the speaker to mute and unmute the volume. The autoplay page has a slider for up to 100 automatic spins, but you don’t want that yet. The last page is the paytable, which is very useful when you want to know exactly how everything works.
- You do have more options to adjust your bet when you go back to the main screen. There are some coins at the bottom left corner representing the max bet button. Either side of them are up and down arrows if you want to go one level at a time.
- Choosing you bet means working out how much you can afford to risk in a game with no guaranteed wins. That’s dependent on your budget, displayed at the top of the screen with your total bet and most recent win.
- Knowing your budget helps set your balance with loss and single win limits that stop the game running away from you. The other thing that’s good for responsible (and therefore more fun) gaming is a time limit on your session. Taking regular breaks is very important.
- Unfortunately, you can’t incorporate your loss and single win limits into autoplay, so unless you’re very sure of your budget, it may be safer to take it one spin at a time. You can do that by hitting the play button at the bottom right.
However you do it, have fun and gamble responsibly.
Bet & Win Sizes
The bet adjustor slides from 0.01 to 10.00. That means a total bet of between 0.50 and 500.00, which is a pretty decent spread to suit the majority of players.
One of the most exciting things about Glorious Empire is that you can win both ways, meaning that you still need to match adjacent symbols across a payline, but you can do it from right to left as well as left to right. You then multiply your payline win by your bet, with max prizes for each symbol as follows:
J, 10, Q - 50
K, A - 50
Chariot, Helmet - 100
Winged horse - 125
Soldier - 150
Lady - 200
Shield wild - 250
Temple scatter - 4000
Glorious Empire Free Spins
The free spins round is triggered when you find at least three scatters:
Three scatters = 7 free games
Four scatters = 10 free games
Five scatters = 15 free games
During the free spins round, all wilds become sticky and will be held in place until the feature is over. That might make it a little easier to complete a winning line.
Glorious Empire Review
Glorious Empire has glorious graphics, an excellent RTP and an exciting free spins round. It’s not a ground-breaking slot, but it has everything you could need to enjoy yourself on the reels. This Next Gen Gaming free play slot gives you the opportunity to try the thrilling gameplay without having to risk your hard-earned cash. You could even include your win and loss limits to make it tenser and more authentic.
Disclaimer: Glorious Empire trademark / license is owned by Next Gen. This site is not endorsed by Next Gen.
|Slot Name:||Glorious Empire|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.50 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Free Spins, Medium volatility, 5 Reels|
|Themes:||Action & Adventure, History|
|Available in UK?||Yes. Next Gen have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Glorious Empire?
The average return for Glorious Empire has been calculated at 96.93%. That’s pretty high - above most other slots currently on the market.
What is the variance Glorious Empire?
This is a medium- to high-variance slot. Medium variance would mean the size and frequency of wins being roughly equal, and high would mean wins that are larger but spread further apart, so Glorious Empire is somewhere between the two.
Does Glorious Empire have a free spins bonus round?
You can win 7, 10 or 15 free spins depending on whether you find three, four or five scatters. During the round you will have sticky wilds that hold in place whenever they land.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|300 Shields Ext...||95.299%||High volatility||300|
|Golden Hen||97.220%||Low volatility||2000|
|Golden Mane||96.963%||High volatility||225000|
|Great Wild Elk||95.2%||High volatility||101500|
|James Dean||95.42%||Medium volatility||53375|
|King Kong Islan...||96%||Medium volatility||50000|
|Lightning Gems||96.483%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Manic Millions||95.24%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Medusa Megaways||96.28%||High volatility||750|
|Merlins Millions||95.63%||Medium volatility||1000||
|Platinum Pyramid||94.45%||Medium volatility||7000|
|Prosperity Twin||96.287%||Medium volatility||288000|
|Rise of the Mou...||96.31%||High volatility||50000||
|Samurai Split||96.63%||Medium volatility||500|
|Shangri La||96.631%||Medium volatility||60000|
|The Mask||96.25%||Medium volatility||100|
|Wild Run||96%||Medium volatility||240|
|Xing Guardian||97.010%||Medium volatility||25000|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review