- Amazing graphics at all stages
- Lots of fun with generous bonuses
- Well-developed theme with wide appeal
- The payouts per cluster are not terribly generous
- No volume slider to adjust the sound level
Anyone with children probably knows that even the smallest can somehow remember those long, complicated dinosaur names, along with plenty of details about these magnificent and long-extinct creatures. Now it is your turn, courtesy of Lava Gold. This is a great example of Betsoft slots online with major appeal.
You can indulge your interest in the prehistoric world without needing any specialist knowledge. What you do need is a love of adventure and the nerve to explore a world in which dinosaurs really do rule. Lava Gold is an amazing opportunity to join a team of able explorers as they deal with volcanos and jungle life, alongside studying some potentially dangerous and often unpredictable wildlife!
Graphics & soundtrack
Lava Gold has outstanding graphics that are a pleasure to look at. The slot is set against a background of lush green jungle, with an imposing-looking volcano looming in the background. The large 5x5 reels are transparent, so they blend naturally into the picture while showing off the detailed and colourful symbols inside their frame.
Look out for icons, which include the daddy of all dinosaurs - the T-Rex. You will also find sky-dwelling pterodactyls, a volcano wild, dinosaur eggs, and the standard playing cards.
The soundtrack is really well-thought-out, with the general background music featuring a hypnotic and dramatic drumbeat. When the reels spin, they clack and clunk in a noisy yet strangely comforting and almost nostalgic way before a sinister Jurassic Park-like tune overlays the main beat. The overall effect is most definitely atmospheric.
Lava Gold RTP and variance
The return to player rate of Lava Gold is just above average at 96.02 per cent, while the variance level of this slot is low.
How to play Lava Gold
If you are new to this slot or need a bit of a refresher on how it works, this brief guide to setting things up should be a useful resource:
- The obvious place to start is the bet level, so look for the plus and minus symbols next to an image of some coins and adjust the total to suit you.
- We like to take a few minutes at this point to check out the slot’s payout information, bonus features and general rules, which are revealed via the lowercase i button. It is always nice to know which symbols to get excited about as the reels spin.
- The final step is to either start spinning or set up the autoplay parameters that suit you. The large spin button sits beneath the reels on the right-hand side, with autoplay to the left. Look for a circle with a sideways triangle inside it. Autoplay requires you to choose the spin total, from 5 to 100, and the bet size. Always double-check the figure showing in the total cost box before confirming anything to make sure you are comfortable with it.
Bet sizes & paytable wins
Lava Gold offers players ten bet levels ranging from 0.25 to a maximum of 3.75 credits per spin. The amount you choose can be altered at any time you like between spins.
As the wins come via clusters of 5 to 25 matching symbols and prizes get more generous as the number grows, there is a lot of information included on the official paytable chart. For details of every possible outcome, you are best off looking at the slot’s paytable details directly; in the meantime, this quick comparison of the lowest and highest payouts for each symbol are worthy of your attention:
- The T-Rex pays between 1.20x your stake for a cluster of 5 and 24x for a full house of 25 symbols in a cluster.
- The pterodactyl pays between 0.96x and 16x credits.
- The dinosaur claw pays from 0.80x to 9.60x credits.
- The dinosaur egg offers at least 0.64x credits and at most 8x.
- The pink and purple flower stats run from 0.56x to 6.40x.
- The ace, king, queen, jack and ten symbols pay between 0.24x and 8x credits.
Lava Gold bonus features
Although this is how the base game recognises wins, there is an extra element that kicks in after each win. Basically, the symbols that formed the winning cluster disappear and the icons that surround the gap expand to fill it. This may trigger more wins and continues until no more are possible.
Ten free spins are triggered by a full bonus meter. This fills automatically during play whenever you hit a certain target of clusters. It accumulates data, so it isn’t an instant reward option; however, interesting things happen while the free spins come into play, including:
A central reel that transforms to display five identical symbols and a guaranteed prize.
A multiplier that matches the spin number. On free spin one, any wins are multiplied by 1x (no change) but spin two wins enjoy a 2x multiplier and so on until the final spin awards any wins a 10x prize.
Lava Gold review: our verdict
There is a lot of double jeopardy action in this slot between the dinosaurs and the temperamental volcano. The question is, which scared you the most?
Anyone up for a little more volcanic action will love the Wild Lava slot. The tropical island setting has a meter in which scatter symbols are stored. Once the volcano blows its top, these are blasted back onto the reels where they become wilds. The benefit for players is that these icons are not static during free spin play; instead, they act like subs to help boost the chances of a win.
Disclaimer: Lava Gold trademark / license is owned by Betsoft. This site is not endorsed by Betsoft.
|Min Bet (all lines covered):
|Wild Symbol, Multiplier, Clusters, 5 Reels, Cascading, Stacked Symbols, Symbol Collection
|Available in UK?
|No. :maker does not have a UKGC license and cannot offer their games at UK licensed casinos.
What is the RTP of Lava Gold?
The RTP is 96.02 per cent.
How volatile is Lava Gold?
This is a low variance slot.
What is the biggest win available on Lava Gold?
This is 24x your wager on the winning spin.
Does Lava Gold have a free spins bonus round?
Yes, ten are awarded when you fill the bonus meter.
Games by Same Maker
|A Night in Paris
|Charms and Clovers
|Fa Fa Twins
|Fire and Steel
|Sin City Nights
|The Magic Shoppe
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review