- Cute tiger as the focus of the theme
- Expanding wilds feature
- Elegant simplicity to graphics and gameplay
- No official RTP or variance information
- No free spins
Chilling Tiger is an online slot developed by InBet Games. It is a five-reel slot with five paylines. There is no official RTP or variance information. This Asian-themed slot features expanding wilds.
You might be rolling your eyes at the appearance of another Asian-themed slot, especially when you see the familiar five-reel layout and the presence of only five paylines, but InBet has shown that you can do a lot with a little. The beloved big cat at the centre of Chilling Tiger is obviously a welcome presence, with the expanding wilds feature adding a little extra to the smooth and simple gameplay.
Theme, graphics & soundtrack
Tigers don’t have quite the same ubiquitous presence as dragons when it comes to Asian-themed slots, but they are still a pretty prominent and much-loved animal. There are tigers in the Chinese zodiac, and real tigers live in that part of the world. A white tiger is the central and highest-paying figure in Chilling Tiger, as you might expect. The reels look like a temple, surrounded by bamboo, and the other symbols include coins, fans and the yin yang symbol. It is familiar imagery, just as the notably Eastern-sounding music is not hugely distinguishable from other slots with a similar theme; however, it is a very different beast to the Time Travel Tigers slot with its more steampunk feel.
Chilling Tiger RTP and variance
We always say that it is important not to put too much stock in the RTP and variance. These are guideline figures based on long-term averages and are open to all kinds of variation based on the random will of the slot. With that said, you still want to be able to set realistic expectations when you are planning your budget. The fact that InBet has not released the official RTP and variance of Chilling Tiger makes it harder to assess the game without playing the free version for yourself. You can’t even compare it to other InBet Games demo slots, although most developers tend to use similar statistics between games.
How to play Chilling Tiger
The tiger is chilled, but the game is full of thrills:
- Chilling Tiger has fairly simple gameplay; however, if you want a more thorough guide to the rules, paytable, features and lines, all you need to do is click the question mark button to the bottom left of the screen.
- If you want to adjust your settings, you have to go in the opposite direction to the top right corner. This is where you will find separate buttons for the sound effects and music and a full-screen button.
- There are two buttons to the bottom of the screen that affect your bet. The first, if you are playing the demo, will be labelled ‘fun’ and shows your coin value. The one labelled ‘bet’ displays your current bet. Both can be adjusted by clicking; there are no up/down arrows or direct max bet option.
- Also displayed near the bottom of the screen is your current balance. You don’t want this falling too low and you definitely don’t want to end up chasing losses. Use it to make sensible decisions about what you can afford to bet and where your win and loss limits should be.
- Not helpful if you are setting win and loss limits, which we recommend even when playing free slots, is the fact that when you press the auto button, autoplay will keep running until you press stop. This means you need to keep a close eye on it.
- Sticking to regular spin means you can check how things are going before you let the reels go again, even if it is less convenient.
- As always, we recommend taking regular breaks and budgeting carefully as part of responsible gaming. It is more fun when you are in control. When the fun stops, stop playing.
Bet & win sizes
The coin value display starts at 0.1 and goes as high as 5. The bet display has a 5 minimum and 500 maximum.
A quick look at the paytable will reveal that it is dynamic, which means it shows values based on your current bet so that you don’t have to do any maths. Like most slots, you win by matching three, four or five symbols consecutively across a payline, with the biggest prizes coming from five matching symbols. Based on the minimum bet, five symbols pay as follows:
- Chinese letters = 100
- Three double coin scatters = 100
- Fan = 200
- Yin yang, pear, three coin scatter = 500
- Tiger = 3,000
Chilling Tiger bonus features
This isn’t the most exciting slot when it comes to bonus features. There are no free spins or multipliers, no clever little mini-games to win you extra prizes, and no progressive jackpots to swell your balance. There is one exciting feature, however, which is the expanding wild. The wild symbol can appear on the second, third or fourth reels, where it serves as a substitute for all non-scatter symbols. The best thing about it is that it expands to fill the whole reel, from top to bottom, not just one position. This increases your chances of finding a winning line.
Chilling Tiger review: our verdict
Chilling Tiger is a pretty simple slot, but sometimes this is just what you want. There are no major surprises in the theme, graphics or features, but what you have is a smooth and satisfying game that can easily provide you with a fun experience. Who doesn’t love a tiger, especially a friendly cartoon version?
Disclaimer: Chilling Tiger trademark / license is owned by Inbet Games. This site is not endorsed by Inbet Games.
|Slot Name:||Chilling Tiger|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.50 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£50 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, 5 Reels|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
What is the RTP of Chilling Tiger?
Unusually, InBet Games has not provided any RTP or volatility information. This means it is hard to set realistic expectations about the returns.
Does Chilling Tiger have a free spins bonus round?
There is no free spins round in Chilling Tiger, which may disappoint some players. This slot is thin on bonus features generally.
Does Chilling Tiger have any bonus features?
There is one extra feature to help make things a little more exciting, which is the expanding wild. This can grow to fill the entirety of the second, third or fourth reel to increase your chance of landing a winning combination.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|All Ways Rich||250|
|Buffalo Spirit ...||250|
|Clover Madness 100||1000|
|Dragon Fruit Wheel||1000|
|Gold and Money||500|
|Happy Joker (3x3)||1000|
|Hot Fruits Wheel||5000|
|Land Of Ozz||750|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review