- Decent RTP of 96.5%
- 'By Order of Peaky Blinders' Free Spins are fun
- Character and artwork from TV show used well
- Quite volatile so you can get on losing streak
- Famous theme song not used in game
Peaky Blinders Slot is an online video slot game made by Pragmatic Play. It has 20-paylines, a high volatility rating and a max win of x2,022. The RTP is 96.5% and it has x2 Free Spins features called 'By Order of the Peaky Blinders' and 'Shelby Betting Shop'.
Theme and Graphics
In terms of theme and graphics, this Pragmatic Play slot requires very little introduction to those who are familiar with the British TV series that started in 2013 and is still running (currently in season 5). The Shelby crime family feel just as at home in this game as they do on the streets of 1920s Birmingham.
The main actors Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Joe Cole and Paul Anderson all feature in the game graphics and there is even similar music to the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds title song 'Red Right Hand'.
Pragmatic Play have done an excellent job with the artwork and look and feel of the game to keep it true to the TV series.
How to Play
- Click the + or - buttons to change the bet value and open the bet menu. Select the bet you want to use in your session.
- The burger menu opens 'Settings' that contains options such as Quick Spin, Battery Saver & Sound. Select your preferences.
- Click 'i' and you'll be able to study the paytable and read about how the bonus rounds work.
- If you like Autoplay select your options by clicking the 'Autoplay' button.
- Decide on a session spending limit and stick to it. Click play and have fun.
RTP & Volatility
The average expected theoretical payout of Peaky Blinders is 96.5% and the volatility is rated by Pragmatic Play as 4/5 (so pretty high)... This means you have encounter some dry spells in a session where nothing seems to go your way!
Features and Free Spins
There are two main features in Peaky Blinders slot (Shelby Betting Shop and By Order of the Peaky Blinders), both are split into two features
- A base game 'Random Spin' Feature.
- Free Spins Bonus Round.
Here are the details of all four features so you know what to look out for:
- Shelby Betting Shop Random Spin Feature (Base game)
This feature can happen at any time in the base game. The Shelby Betting Shop symbol must hit reel 5 without two bonus symbols hitting reels 1 and 3, if you hit this combo then the all character symbols that are on the reels get a random direct money award.
You get paid for all the cash awarded to the character symbols and also any win lines you hit in the spin.
- Shelby Betting Shop Free Spins
This Free Spins Bonus is triggered when the Bonus Symbol hits on reels 1 and 3 and the Shelby Betting Shop symbol hits on reel 5. During the feature all character symbols get random direct money awards, you also get wins for the standard win lines you hit.
Eight Free Spins are awarded, there is no re-trigger.
- By Order of the Peaky Blinders Random Spin Feature (Base game)
When The By Order of the Peaky Blinders symbol hits on reel 5 without the standard bonus symbol landing on reels 1 and 3 you get this base game feature. When triggered you get all your paylines paid first, then all character symbols and wild symbols turn into a single, random, matching character symbol. You then get paid for the new symbol configuration (based on win lines).
- By Order of the Peaky Blinders Free Spins
Hit Bonus symbols on reels 1 and 3 and then also get the 'By Order of the Peaky Blinders' symbol on reel 5 and you'll get 10 Free Spins.
This Free Spins round is a little more interesting than the Betting Shop Free Spins. Firstly the base game 'By Order...' feature is in play, so if you hit the 'By Order...' symbol on reel 5 all character and wild symbols remain in place and you get a free respin. After the respin all character and wild symbols turn into a single, random, matching character and the game pays again.
Ten Free Spins are awarded and there is no re-trigger.
Symbols & Payouts
The top-paying symbols are as follows:
- x5 Tommy Shelby Symbols = x400
- x5 Wild Symbols = x400
After those big two you have another three-character symbols that give you decent payouts:
- x5 Arthur Shelby Symbols = x300
- x5 Polly Shelby Symbols = x150
- x5 Michael Gray Symbols = x100
We enjoyed this one. Satisfying reel spin, nice sounds and music (even if it's not the original soundtrack) and great artwork on the characters and backgrounds. The anticipation graphics and sounds when two bonus symbols have landed and you wait for the third really added to the experience and make the waits to get into the Free Spins rounds worthwhile.
We liked the variety of bonus features and a couple of good experiences in the 'By Order of the Peaky Blinders Free Spins', hitting bit win multiples and generally enjoying the fact that there's a lot going on in this feature.
This is something different from Pragmatic Play and overall we think they have done a really good job, using the Peaky Blinders license to good effect.
* Peaky Blinders trademark / license is owned by Pragmatic Play. This site is not endorsed by Pragmatic Play.