- Free spins with multipliers
- Super Wilds
- Medium volatility balances risk and reward
- RTP of 95% is a little low
- Overused theme
Rise of Anubis is an online slot developed by Inspired Gaming. It is a 20-payline slot with three rows of five reels. The RTP is 96%, and the volatility is medium. This Egyptian-themed slot has bonus features including free spins and Super Wilds.
A 5x3 layout, set of 20 paylines and Ancient Egyptian theme may make Rise of Anubis seems like a fairly standard slot, but there is plenty here for you to enjoy. Four card symbols are joined by six themed symbols, and that’s without including the Wild, Super Wild and Bonus (helpful for triggering free spins, which in turn come with multipliers and extra Wilds). If you’re browsing Inspired Gaming online slots for a way to spend a pleasant few hours, give the Rise of Anubis free demo a try.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
We’ve all seen Ancient Egyptian themed slots before, but this one is a little different because of its focus on Anubis, the jackal-headed god of death. In Egyptian mythology, Anubis directed souls into the afterlife after the weighing of the heart, a ceremony that tested whether the soul was worthy. Here, he is the face of the free spins symbol. You can also find him in the Anubis Wild Megaways slot.
There is lots of familiar imagery in Rise of Anubis, including a golden temple in the background and symbols such as pyramids, scarabs and a pharaoh’s mask. The slot is also made more immersive with sound effects that include crackling torches. When you actually spin the reels, these sounds are replaced by a distinctly Middle-Eastern-sounding melody.
Rise of Anubis RTP & Volatility
The average return in a long-term session of Rise of Anubis will be around 95%, which is a little on the low side. As always, however, natural statistical deviation can lead to some big swings higher or lower. It is a fairly balanced game, with a medium volatility that means a fairly equal spread of risk and reward.
How to Play Rise of Anubis
If you’re willing to dare this trip into Anubis’s underworld, here’s how:
1. You’re probably going to want to start by reviewing the game rules and paytable so you know exactly how everything works. You can do this by heading to the top of the screen and clicking the three lines that represent the menu, or by going to the big yellow “Options” button to the right of the reels.
2. Once the menu is open, you have a blue paytable button with currency symbols, an orange game rules button with a question mark, and a purple button with a circular arrow that can give you information about your current game such as session length, balance before and after spin, and most recent win.
3. There are also two duller black buttons above this, with one showing a speedometer and the other the volume control.
4. After you’ve gone through every button in the menu, you can return to the main screen by clicking the close symbol. Now look to the right of the reels again. There are four rectangular buttons. We’ve already discussed Options; next, you want the third button down, which is the bet adjustor. Click and then scroll through possible bets until you have your preferred amount.
5. Between the bet adjustor and options is Autoplay, which appears in blue. Not only can you choose a number of automatic spins, but you can also set your win or loss limit as a stopping point.
6. Now the only button left is the big, green one on the bottom that helpfully says “Spin”. It shouldn't be a surprise what happens when you click that one!
7. Once you are playing, don’t forget to keep an eye on your current balance, which is displayed on the left just above the reels. Gambling is a lot more fun when you’re playing responsibly.
Bet & Win Sizes
You have a nice bet range in Rise of Anubis, starting at 0.20 and rising as high as 250. As you’d expect, the potential wins from your bet depend on which symbols you match and how many times you match them. Getting five matches means the top rewards, with payouts as follows:
J, Q, K, A - 100
Falcon, Scarab - 200
Pyramids - 250
Woman - 300
Pharaoh - 400
Eye of Horus - 500
Rise of Anubis Super Wilds & Free Spins
Super Wilds are a form of Expanding Wild that can appear during the base game on the second, third and fourth reels. The Super Wild will fill an entire reel vertically whilst acting as a substitute for every symbol except the Bonus.
When Anubis’s bonus symbol appears three or more times, you will trigger the free spins round. You win ten free spins however many you match, but three bonus symbols means a 2x multiplier, four bonus symbols means a 20x multiplier, and five bonus symbols means the multiplier is a very impressive 50x during the free spins round.
Another unusual addition to the free spins round is the occasional appearance of Anubis himself on the middle reel. Not only does this award you an extra free spin, but other symbols will turn gold, which means they have become extra Wilds substituting for other symbols and increasing your chances of a winning line.
Before you roll your eyes and say “not another Egyptian-themed slot”, you may want to give Rise of Anubis a try. No, it’s not the best or most original-looking offering, but the combination of Super Wilds and the free spins round with all its multipliers, extra spins and gold symbols ensures the gameplay has plenty of depth.
Disclaimer: Rise of Anubis trademark / license is owned by Inspired. This site is not endorsed by Inspired.
* Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino before making a deposit.
|Slot Name:||Rise of Anubis|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£250 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Free Spins , 5 Reels , Medium volatility|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Inspired have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Rise of Anubis?
It has a solid if unimpressive 95% average return.
How volatile is Rise of Anubis?
This is a medium-volatility slot where size and frequency of wins are balanced.
What are Super Wilds in Rise of Anubis?
These are a type of Expanding Wild that fills an entire reel.
Does Rise of Anubis have a free spins bonus round?
Three or more Bonus symbols means ten free spins with the potential to trigger more during the round. Free spins also come with multipliers and gold symbols (like Wilds) during the free spins round.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review