- Maximum possible win of 1,500x the total bet
- 1,024 always-on paylines
- Well-produced graphics and soundtrack
- Collection-based bonus features
- Somewhat derivative theme and graphics
Battle for the Throne is an online slot produced by the team at Expanse Studios.
This title has a long-term average of 95% as well as high-level volatility. With 1,024 paylines to play with and a pair of bonus features, Battle for the Throne has 5 reels, 4 rows and a top win of 1,500x the total bet.
Join a motley crew of characters as they wage war against each other in Battle for the Throne, the latest online slot from Expanse Studios. This title has 5 reels, 4 rows and a phenomenal 1,024 different ways to win on every spin.
Match the heroic characters on symbols as well as a range of different supporting characters and the wild dragon.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
The theme and graphics are clearly borrowed quite heavily from George RR Martin and HBO's incredibly successful Game of Thrones. In fact, one character looks remarkably like Jon Snow.
However, the graphics are incredibly high in quality, and the soundtrack is suitably epic with orchestral flourishes and powerful percussion featuring throughout.
Battle for the Throne RTP and Variance
The long-term average RTP of Battle for the Throne is set at 95%, which is well below the average rate for online slots. The average rate is usually around 96%. The high volatility should allow for some rather high-level wins, although these do not come along that often. Please do not play expecting to receive the top-level wins.
How to Play Battle for the Throne
- Find all win amounts and details of bonus features by opening the paytable. This is found by clicking the menu button in the bottom left of the reels.
- Set your bet by clicking the poker chip icon at the bottom of the second reel. Cycle through the available options by clicking the + and - buttons.
- Spin the reels once by clicking the golden button under the third reel.
- Following a successful spin, you can gamble your winnings by clicking the gamble button, which appears in place of the bet button. Select the card colour of your choice, with winnings doubling if you are correct. The winnings from the spin are lost if you are not correct.
- To spin more than once, click the auto spin button to the right of the spin button. The gamble feature does not operate during autospins. You can select up to 250 autospins to run at any one time.
- Please play Battle for the Throne responsibly by setting an affordable budget for each play session. Never chase losses, and stop if gameplay is no longer fun.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
The coin bet in Battle for the Throne runs from 0.01 to 1.00, making total spin bets between 0.40 and 40.00.
Match 5 of the eponymous throne in a valid combination to return 1,500x the bet
Match 5 of the male warrior in a valid combination to return 1,000x the bet
Match 5 of the female warrior in a valid combination to return 800x the bet
Match 5 of the giant warrior in a valid combination to return 600x the bet
Match 5 of the sorceress in a valid combination to return 400x the bet
Match 5 of the man with a book in a valid combination to return 200x the bet
Match 5 of the bird of prey in a valid combination to return 100x the bet
Match 5 of the books in a valid combination to return 50x the bet
Match 5 of the playing card symbols in a valid combination to return between 40x and 20x the bet
Battle for the Throne Bonus Features
All character symbols appear twice as high as other symbols, except during the free spins feature.
Collect shards of the sword during gameplay to trigger the Sword of the Emperor bonus. These shards appear randomly throughout the reels following a spin. Only one shard may appear on any spin.
During the Sword of the Emperor bonus, you begin by clicking two from five floating stones. You collect multipliers, kingdom crystals or both on each stone. Kingdom crystals collected are added to the battle map, whilst multipliers are applied to the qualifying spin.
Once you have collected all 5 kingdom crystals, 5 free spins are granted with up to a 5x multiplier. You are guaranteed a win during each of the free spins, but free spins may not be retriggered.
During each of the free spins, two of the random weapons clash with each other. Depending on the winning symbol, you may win a range of multipliers or additional wins.
You are able to gamble winnings on each spin based on the turn of a card. You can gamble up to 5 times in a row, for a win of up to 2000.00.
Battle for the Throne Review Our Verdict
Despite being a touch derivative, Battle for the Throne looks and sounds fantastic. The collection-based bonus features mean that free spins do not happen often, whilst you are kept playing in the hope of collecting more parts of the sword. This is not helpful for players who may struggle keeping to their budgets.
Disclaimer: Battle for the Throne trademark / license is owned by Expanse Studios. This site is not endorsed by Expanse Studios.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
Can I try out Battle for the Throne for free?
Yes. Thanks to the demo functionality produced by Expanse Studios slots, it is possible to explore the gameplay and features of Battle for the Throne. In taking a look at how the gameplay works, you can determine how the title functions, allowing you to make a really informed decision about whether or not you want to play for real. Other Expanse games available for free play include Expanse's Forest Rock slot. This title features animals playing all manner of musical instruments.
Where can I find other titles like Battle for the Throne?
If you like the fantasy and adventure theme of Battle for the Throne, explore our index of action adventure slot games. This index includes games like the brilliant Rich Wilde and the Book of the Dead. This five reel, three row slot comes with up to 10 paylines and bets from as little as 1p per spin.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Book of Egypt (...||96%||5500|
|Book of Eskimos||96.11||1000|
|Circus Fever De...||1000|
|Fairy in Wonder...||95.01%||1000|
|Gem Miner||95.27%||Low volatility||1000|
|Gem Miner (Expa...||95.27%||Medium volatility||3000|
|Lucky Betting Shop||94.98%||High volatility||2000|
|Odd One Out||96.00%||400|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review