- Win up to 5,000X your stake per spin
- 8 different bonuses
- Free-spins bonus included
- Pretty low variance
- If you don’t like heavy metal it’s a bit too much
Helloween is a video slot developed by Play'n GO thatt ias based on the German metal band of the same name. The slot is built around a 5-reel, 3-row format and has 10 fixed paylines. The minimum bet is 0.10 credits and the max is 100. There are 8 bonuses and features including various free-spins rounds and random multipliers. The RTP of this low/medium online slot is 96.2% and its top prize is worth 20,000x.
Germany has produced hundreds of heavy metal bands, and they’re known - as a country - for having a serious influence on the musical genre as a whole. Helloween is a band who - despite never gaining mainstream popularity - were quite successful in Germany and who, today, remain an influence for small, European heavy metal bands.
Why are we telling you all of this? Well, the band are the inspiration for Helloween, Play’n Go’s latest slot release, and this fast-paced, action-packed game is yet another from the developer to be themed around a band - Sabaton was a good example of one of their previous releases.
Format and RTP
Helloween is built around a 5-reel, 3-row format and there’s a total of 10 fixed paylines in place - unlike older Play’n Go slots you’re not able to adjust the number of paylines in play. You can play Helloween from as little as 0.10 credits per spin and the maximum bet caps out at 100, so there’s plenty of staking variety for all players here. Like all the game developer’s recent slots you’ll also find a “quick spin” and “autoplay” feature designed to make your playing experience as enjoyable as possible.
The slot comes with an RTP of 96.2%, so you should be able to get some decent play-time out of it. Helloween is a low-to-medium variance slot.
Helloween’s Symbols And Payouts
One of the things we’ve become accustomed to seeing in Play’n Go slots is the fact that most of them use royal symbols as the game’s lower-paying symbols. What are royal symbols, you ask? Well, they’re the playing card values like you see in many online video slots today. In Helloween, for example, you’ll find six of these royals including 9, 10, J, Q, K and Ace. They pay very little, and it’s the premiums that you’ll want to be on the lookout for, as detailed below.
The higher-paying symbols are all a bit creepier and in-line with the game’s theme and you’ll find five of them in total. They include Creepy Hands, Ghouls, a Mysterious Sorcerer and a Gold Ring. It’s the latter which you’ll want to look out for (it’s the game’s top-paying symbol) and it awards 20X your stake for lining up a 5-of-a-kind combo.
You’ll also notice a Pumpkin on the reels; this is the slot’s wild symbol and it substitutes for all symbols aside from the scatter symbol (which only appears on reels 1, 3 and 5.) There are additional wild symbols added within some of the bonuses, and we’ll look at these in the “bonuses and features” section below.
Helloween Bonus Features
There’s tons going on in Helloween and in total you’ll find a staggering 8 different bonuses and features to look out for! Most of these are accessed through the Keeper of the Seven Keys feature wheel, and this is triggered by landing the scatter symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5. You’ll then spin the wheel to win one of the following bonuses:
- I’m Alive: If you trigger the I’m Alive feature you'll be awarded 5 free-spins. During the free-spins, the Pumpkin Wild symbols lock in place, and they then expand up or down on each of the reels. If you fill an entire reel with the Pumpkin wilds that reel will then “restart”, becoming free from wilds.
- Future World: The Future World bonus also awards you with 5 free-spins, and during all free-spins wilds become “expanding”. This means that should any land in place they will expand to fill the entire reel. It is possible to land a full screen of wild symbols in this way.
- Eagle Fly Free: The Eagle Fly Free feature also awards you with five free-spins. During the spins, Eagle Fly Free Pumpkin WIld symbols fly onto the reels on every spin; this wild then remains for the rest of the free-spins, although it does change place on each subsequent spin.
- Stein The Dr. Stein free-spins bonus awards you five free-spins. On every spin, each instance of a randomly-selected lower-paying symbol (one of the playing card values) is transformed into the Dr. Stein Pumpkin Wild symbol, improving your chances of forming a win.
- March of Time: In the March of Time free-spins feature you’ll also be awarded with 5 free-spins; the Pumpkin wilds are then held on reels, and move one position to the left on each additional spin. When they reach the first reel they will disappear.
- I Want Out: The I Want Out free-spins bonus also awards you with 5 free-spins, and during this feature Pumpkin Wilds that land on the reels expand to 2X2 in size.
Helloween Free Spins
Alongside all of the free-spins bonuses we just looked at Helloween also offers a “bigger” free-spins bonus - it’s the Helloween free-spins and it’s triggered through the wheel. You are then awarded 7 free spins. However, during this bonus you’ll be collecting keys - and each time you get three you get to spin the Keeper of the Seven Keys feature wheel, meaning the subsequent spins are then played with one or more of the other bonus features. It’s also possible to re-trigger the Helloween free-spins bonus for an additional 7 free-spins.
Helloween Multiplier Bonus
Helloween has a mini-feature of sorts, and it’s the Helloween Multiplier Bonus. This can trigger once any of the above-mentioned features has finished, and your total will can then be multiplied by 2X, 3X, 5X or 10X.
Our Verdict Of Helloween
Helloween is a decent effort from Play’n Go - although, it is, undoubtedly, a theme which we’ve seen used relentlessly in the online gambling world. Still, with all the different free-spins features there’s plenty of action for you to look out for, and we really like the Keeper of the Seven Keys feature wheel.
There’s plenty of variety, and those who are fans of the game developer’s previous slots will likely find plenty to get excited about here. However, there is a 5,000X maximum win cap - and while this is in line with most of the software provider’s titles, it is lower than we see from other providers like Big Time Gaming. Consider playing Play’n Go’s Testament if you want more win-potential - it can pay up to 20,000X stake on every spin!
Disclaimer: Helloween trademark / license is owned by Play N Go. This site is not endorsed by Play N Go.
* Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino before making a deposit.
|Software:||Play N Go|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.10 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Bonus Game , Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Multiplier , Free Spins , Expanding Wilds , Medium volatility , 5 Reels , Stacked Symbols , Turbo Spin , High Payout , Symbol Collection|
|Themes:||Musicians & Bands|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Play N Go have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Helloween Slot FAQs
What’s the base-game like in Helloween?
The base-game in Helloween is OK - but to be honest, with so many different bonuses and features most of the game’s RTP is placed within these features. Because of this, you’ll want to try and trigger the bonuses and features as quickly as you can to ensure maximum win-potential!
How much can I win on each spin?
Like we see in virtually all Play’n Go releases the maximum win amount is capped at 5,000X. In order to actually achieve the big wins you’ll need to trigger the randomly-triggered Helloween Multiplier feature which can then see a 10X multiplier applied to and against all of your wins during the free-spins!
Which bonuses will I find in Helloween?
There’s a ton - although, as we write below, our favourite is the Future World free-spins. However, the multiplier feature is also well-worth paying attention to as it’s this feature that is capable of delivering some pretty healthy-sized wins!
Is there a free-spins feature in Helloween?
Yes - and Play’n Go haven’t held back, offering no less than 7 different free-spins features! Each of the features offers something a bit different, although in our opinion it’s the Future World feature that offers the biggest win-potential. Here, you’ll find that wilds expand, meaning it’s possible to see more than one wild reel at once!
What’s the RTP of Helloween?
Helloween has an RTP of 96.2%. However, like with most of Play’n Go’s games, this RTP can change depending on the online casino you’re playing at. Always try to make sure you’re playing at a casino that offers the highest RTP.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review