- Advanced auto settings
- Expanding reels
- High maximum win
- 8,192 ways to win
- Very low RTP
- High variance is not for the fainthearted
Mount M is an online slot developed by Play’n GO. It has five reels, four rows, 8,192 ways to win, an RTP of 94.2 per cent, and high variance. With a prehistoric setting focused on extinct species, its features include free spins, scatters and wilds.
Let’s start our Mount M slot review by welcoming another Play'n Go free slot. This is a game developer with a very impressive portfolio that features everything from simple fruit-themed games to ones with sophisticated narratives and highly inventive graphics. Like Reel Time Gaming’s Fishin Frenzy free slot, Play’n GO has produced its fair share of light-hearted games, although Mount M is at the more sombre and dramatic end of its range.
The Mount M online slot has a five-reel, four-row grid with a potential 8,192 ways to win. The minimum bet is 0.10 and the maximum is 100.00.
The paytable comprises five high-value symbols, four low-value symbols, and two special symbols. The high symbols are the mammoth, sabre-toothed tiger, rhino, hyena and dodo, while the low symbols are the four highest playing cards constructed from teeth and tusks. The wild is a W made from bones and the bonus scatter is a flaming bowl.
Theme, graphics and soundtrack
From its extended and dramatic introduction through to the graphics and animation of the grid, this is a brilliantly realised piece of work. The soundtrack of long, sonorous notes is an inspired choice.
Mount M RTP and variance
The RTP is 94.2 per cent, which is very low for a slot game, and its volatility is high.
How to play Mount M
- Mount M is a slot with 8,192 ways to win. Payouts are awarded for combinations of adjacent symbols from left to right, starting from the leftmost reel. Only the highest winning combination is paid per symbol.
- Select the three-line menu to open the settings to adjust the basic game functions.
- Your bet choices are displayed across the middle of the control panel. You can scroll through them using the plus and minus buttons.
- To start the reels spinning, use the large green play button or press the spacebar. You can stop them early by pressing the play button or the spacebar a second time.
- As in many video slots, Mount M has an autoplay mode that is activated by pressing the smaller, yellow button. You can choose 10, 20, 50, 75 or 100 automatic spins and can cancel autoplay by clicking the auto button again.
- The autoplay advanced settings enable you to set the mode to quit automatically on any win, if a win exceeds a specified level, if free spins are triggered, and if your balance increases or decreases by an amount of your choice.
- You can choose fast-play by clicking the thunderbolt image to the bottom left of the screen.
- Your credit balance is shown to the bottom left of the screen, with the figure updating after every spin.
Always gamble sensibly. We support safe gambling initiatives such as BeGambleAware and must remind you that if you gamble for money, you could lose it. Playing games as no deposit slots is a good way to try them out before you commit money to them.
If you decide to gamble for money, bet only what you can afford and make use of the timeout and self-exclusion features if necessary. When the game stops being fun, it is time to stop playing.
Bet sizes and paytable wins
The bet size ranges from 0.10 to 100. The maximum payout is 13,000x.
The paytable values range from three to five matching symbols. The highest multiplier values for each symbol, which are for five-of-a-kind combinations, are as follows:
- Mammoth = 0.20
- Tiger = 0.15
- Rhino = 0.10
- Hyena = 0.08
- Dodo = 0.05
- Ace, king, queen, jack = 0.03
Mount M bonus features
The wild symbol will substitute for every other symbol except the bonus and the scatter. It appears on reels two, three and four only.
Evolution free spins
Three, four or five bonus scatters will award 10, 15 or 20 evolution free spins respectively. Two, three, four or five bonus scatters will retrigger the free spins feature and give you an additional 3, 5, 8 or 10 evolution free spins. You can win up to 68 free spins.
Expanding reels and shatter respins
Collect orbs carried by the wilds to expand reels two, three and four to eight high. If you land a wild when the middle reels are glowing, this will award a respin.
When the reels are expanded, any animal symbol will be upgraded to the mammoth and one extra free spin will be awarded. During the respin, one to four reel expansions are unlocked and the same number of animal symbols are upgraded.
Mount M review: our verdict
We have to take our hats off to Play’n GO, as it has done it again. Mount M has all the elements for a seriously compelling game, with strong visuals, very interesting gameplay, and a handsome top payout. On the downside, the RTP is disappointing and the variance won’t suit risk-averse players.
Disclaimer: Mount M trademark / license is owned by Play N Go. This site is not endorsed by Play N Go.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Mount M|
|Software:||Play N Go|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.10 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Free Spins, Respins, High volatility, 5 Reels, Stacked Symbols, Symbol Collection, Reel Modifiers, 1024 Ways|
|Themes:||Animals, Ancient History|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Play N Go have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What are the RTP and variance of Mount M?
The RTP of Mount M is 94.2 per cent, which is almost two percentage points below the average for video slots. The variance, or volatility, is high.
What does RTP mean?
All slot games, including no deposit slots, are given an RTP rating. Standing for ‘return to player’, this is expressed as a percentage to give you an indication of the average amount you might expect to win back over the course of play compared with the amount you bet.
What is variance?
Variance or volatility describes the frequency of the payouts compared with their size. High volatility means you can expect bigger wins but they will occur less often, while a low volatility slot game will award payouts more often but each will be fairly modest.
Are the spins random?
All video slots, including no deposit slots, are run by random number generators. This makes the results of each spin impossible to predict or influence, ensuring every slot game is a game of chance.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Agent Destiny||96.26%||High volatility||5000|
|Cat Wilde and t...||96.29%||High volatility||5000|
|Diamond Vortex||96.2%||High volatility||5000|
|Doom of Egypt||96.1%||High volatility||5000|
|Golden Ticket||96.73%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Gunslinger Relo...||96.63%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Legacy of Dead||96.58%||High volatility||5000|
|Moon Princess||96.5%||High volatility||5000|
|Reactoonz 2||96.2%||High volatility||5083|
|Rich Wilde and ...||96.21%||High volatility||5000|
|Rich Wilde and ...||96.25%||High volatility||10000|
|Rich Wilde and ...||96.59%||High volatility||2000|
|Ring of Odin||96.20%||High volatility||5000|
|Rise of Merlin||96.58%||High volatility||5000|
|Rise of Olympus||96.50%||High volatility||50|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review