- Absolutely gorgeous graphics and animation
- Risk feature allows you to gamble on all wins
- Unusual board-based bonus game
- Game optimised for touch screen, not laptop or PC
- Only nine paylines available
Rewind to the decade of massive mobile phones and even bigger shoulder pads with Endorphina's tribute to the 80s: Retromania.
Retromania is a five-reel, three-row online slot featuring up to nine paylines, which can be adjusted to suit your preferences.
Symbols include vinyl records, cameras, a telephone and the ubiquitous cassette tape. The only thing missing from the ‘80s love-in is the pencil which would inevitably be required to repair the cassette tape when the tape became jammed in the tape deck.
Revealing star symbols can trigger the free spin bonus, whilst players are invited to risk their winnings at every win in a game of chance.
Thanks to the Endorphina online slots demo feature, it is possible to play Retromania for free. This allows players to experience gameplay before risking any real currency on a spin of the reels.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
There is no story to speak of in this game, with symbols simply representing recognisable aspects of popular culture from the ‘80s. The colour scheme is not quite as garish as many properties harking back to this time period, with slightly muted shades favoured over the more neon tones prevalent in the time of Timmy Mallett and Wham!
Whilst the colour choices may seem surprising at first, the muted, classy tones employed in the game are pleasing and certainly easier on the eye than the bright colours most associated with the time period.
Animations on winning symbols are simple, effective and incredibly smoothly rendered. These animations make it abundantly clear where wins have come from and suit the winning symbols brilliantly. The vinyl record spins in a similar manner to when a DJ employs scratch techniques and the camera flashes, for example.
Soundwise, the music is a fantastic synth-driven ‘80s romp that would not sound out of place on a Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet album whilst simultaneously sounding like an update of Wipe Out by the Surfaris. Sound effects and music mix well with each other to enhance the experience, although the level of music and effects is adjustable, so you can mix these as you choose.
Retromania RTP and Variance
Retromania has low volatility, which means that low-value wins will come along fairly regularly, but big wins will still need to be waited for patiently. At the same time, the size of big wins may well be lower than other titles with higher volatility. The long-term average RTP for Retromania is 96%, which is just about on the average for games of this type.
How to Play Retromania
- Set your bet by opening the bet menu at the bottom left of the screen. Within this menu, the number of paylines in play can be adjusted, along with the bet per payline. The bet per payline is multiplied by the number of playlines which are active to generate the total cost per spin.
- It is a great idea to take a look at the paytable of any game before beginning. The paytable sets out information such as how much matching various symbols will return, as well as showing how to access bonus features and general game rules. In Retromania, the paytable is accessed through the main menu button, which is on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Retromania has an autoplay feature which allows the game to run automatically for up to 1000 spins without any input. Autoplay can be exited at any point by clicking on the reel spin button.
- If you'd prefer to spin the reels manually, the spin button is at the right-hand side of the reels.
- Please play Retromania responsibly by setting an affordable budget for each session of play. It is important to stop playing if it is no longer fun.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
The minimum bet is 0.01, with the maximum per spin $50.00, providing options to suit all budgets.
Paytable wins include 5,000x the line bet for matching five typewriters and 2,000x the line bet for matching five of the wild model.
Other symbols pay out between 500 and 10 times the line bet.
Retromania Bonus Features
After each winning spin, it is possible to risk the winnings on a game of chance. If the risk is taken, you are dealt a card and then given a choice of four face-down cards to choose from. If the value of your chosen card is higher than the dealer's card, you double your winnings. If it is not, you lose.
At any point during this risk game, it is possible to back out, so if the dealer turns over an Ace, you do not have to risk certain defeat.
The main bonus feature is triggered by revealing three or more star scatter symbols. You are then taken to a bonus game board which works just like a vintage board game. Your cursor zips around the board revealing symbols and providing you with cash amounts as you go. You continue until you land on one of the x symbols.
Retromania Review Our Verdict
This is a fantastic-looking game with innovative game play, and the ability to risk each win makes gameplay exciting on every spin. The game is optimised for handheld devices, meaning that it is forced into full screen mode when playing on a PC or Laptop, which is somewhat unfortunate.
Disclaimer: Retromania trademark / license is owned by Endorphina. This site is not endorsed by Endorphina.
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.01 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Bonus Game, Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, 5 Reels|
|Available in UK?||No. :maker does not have a UKGC license and cannot offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|2020 Hit Slot||96%||High volatility||500|
|2021 Hit Slot||96.00%||500|
|3 Thunders||96.04||Medium volatility||500|
|7 Bonus Up||96.00%||13839|
|Akbar & Birbal||96.08%||Medium volatility||1250|
|Almighty Sparta||96.000%||Medium volatility||50000|
|Ancient Troy||96.000%||Medium volatility||50000|
|Dia De Los Muertos||96.000%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Diamond Vapour||96.000%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Football Superstar||96.000%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Mystery Of El D...||96.000%||Medium volatility||50000|
|Satoshis Secret||96%||Medium volatility||50000|
|Sugar Glider||96.000%||Medium volatility||10000|
|Temple Cats||96%||Medium volatility||50000|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review