- Beatiful graphics and soundtrack
- Risk game makes each spin interesting
- Expanding symbols are a great addition to free spins
- High volatility makes big wins rare
- Coded for handheld devices, making laptop play clumsy
Take a trip back to pre-history with Endorphina's premium online slot title Stone Age. With specially designed controls making the game ideal for play on touchscreen devices such as mobiles or tablets, this game allows you to roll back through millions of years and play for the stone-aged jackpots.
Stone Age is a five-reel, three-row online slot with up to 20 paylines. Bonus features include free spins and expanding symbols that occur during free spins. Match symbols such as bows, arrows, cave paintings, daggers and toothy necklaces. Match three or more of the mammoth scatter symbols to enter free spins, and look out for the wild orange stone.
Thanks to the Endorphina free slots feature, Stone Age is available for demo play, with only fun currency staked on a spin of the reels. This can give gamers the opportunity to road test the game before deciding whether or not to use their own money to play.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
Despite Stone Age being set millions of years ago, this is one modern-looking game. The graphics are very sophisticated, with highly detailed animations of symbols on the reels. For example, the dagger appears with its scabbard, and the animation for this symbol involves both rotating and the dagger being sheathed.
The entire console looks like there is some weight behind it, and the inclusion of win line indicators helps players to know exactly where wins have come from. Unlike many other themed games, every aspect of the screen has been designed to fit with the theme, including the spin and menu buttons, showing how much thought has been put into the development of graphics. Little touches like this can help to increase immersion within the game as well as ensuring everything remains unified.
The soundtrack of the game is little more than a bed of ancient-sounding chanting over which the sound effects of spinning reels fall. Winning on a spin triggers big and dramatic sound effects (think of the Jungle Drums going off in Jumanji, and you're not going to be too far from the sounds here), while jingles sound to indicate winning lines. All sounds are well integrated, which helps with the immersion into the gaming experience.
Stone Age RTP and Variance
The long-term average RTP of Stone Age is 69%, which is around the average for games of this type. The high volatility means that big wins are available to players, but patience will definitely be required to wait for them.
How to Play Stone Age
1. When playing a new game for the first time, it is always a great idea to take a look at the paytable. The paytable details a whole range of information about Stone Age, including the win amounts for revealing combinations of symbols on the screen, as well as how to access the bonus feature and the shape of paylines. This is accessed through the menu on the left side of the reels.
2. The bet level is set by clicking on the bet section at the bottom left corner of the screen. In this section, the number of lines played as well as the stake per line can be set.
3. Stone Age has an autoplay feature that allows play to be set to run automatically until one of a number of different parameters has been exceeded. These include winning or losing over a set amount, a time limit or number of rounds. This menu can be accessed through the main menu on the left side of the screen.
4. If you are happy with all settings, the reels can be spun manually by clicking the spin button in the centre right of the screen.
5. Play Stone Age responsibly by setting a budget per session and sticking to it. When the fun stops, stop playing.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
The minimum total bet per spin is 0.01. This occurs when the bet is set to the minimum and the number of lines playable is decreased to 1. By default, Stone Age is set to have 20 active lines playable, so the cost of a spin would be 0.20.
The maximum line bet is 10.00, which would make the maximum bet per spin between 10.00 and 200.00 depending on how many lines are active.
Matching 5x the mammoth symbol returns an astonishing 5,000x the initial line bet. This could be doubled up to 10 times through the risk feature, which is active after every win.
Matching 5x the caveman is worth 2,000x the line bet, with other symbols worth between 750x and 100x the line bet for matching 5.
Stone Age Bonus Features
After every winning spin, players can risk the winnings in a double-or-nothing style gamble. This option is available on the left side of the screen. Players are shown a card, with four face-down cards to select from. If the card selected has a higher value than the upturned card, your winnings are doubled. If it is not, they are lost. Cards with the same value cause the game to be replayed. Even if the risk game is entered, it does not have to be played, and the risk game can be left at any point.
To enter free spins, three or more of the scatter symbol must be revealed at any position on the reels. During free spins, a symbol will be chosen at random to expand and fill the reels if it is revealed in any position, potentially leading to some nice wins during the bonus feature.
Stone Age Review
This is a fantastic-looking title, with great gameplay and the chance to double up every single time a win is achieved. Stone Age has been coded for mobile devices, which can make gameplay on a laptop or PC somewhat clumsy.
Disclaimer: Stone Age trademark / license is owned by Endorphina. This site is not endorsed by Endorphina.
|Min Bet (all lines covered):
|Bonus Game, Wild Symbol, Free Spins, Gamble, 5 Reels, Expanding Reels
|Available in UK?
|No. :maker does not have a UKGC license and cannot offer their games at UK licensed casinos.
Are there any other pre-historical games available?
Games by Same Maker
|2020 Hit Slot
|2021 Hit Slot
|7 Bonus Up
|Akbar & Birbal
|Mystery Of El D...
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review