- Fun-looking game with friendly reel characters
- Plenty of free spins could be won in the game
- Lots of personalization options when playing
- Medium variance to suit lots of players
- Relatively low return to player average
- Design feels basic and theme seems underdeveloped
Wacky Waves is an online slot created by Dragon Gaming. There are five reels and 25 non-fixed paylines. Its RTP is 95 per cent, and it is a medium-variance game. Its features include double wild wins, free spins and scatter prizes.
This beach slot will take you out for a day on the shore with a bunch of fun- and sun-loving larrikins. Will you find the perfect wave or fall off the board when waiting for the wins to roll on to the 25 paylines of this Dragon Gaming slot? There are certainly a few features that could make you feel like the sun is shining on you, such as platypus scatters, free games, wild sharks and double multipliers.
Wacky Waves Theme and Soundtrack
This is a cartoon-style slot with an Australian beach theme. You will join kangaroos, wombats and koalas for some beach-based fun, with the sound of gentle music and waves washing on the shore accompanying your Ozzie adventure. The reels feature some of Australia’s most famous animals, along with typical beach-themed symbols, such as suntan lotion, cool boxes, surfboards and parasols. The theme is very similar to that of the Surf Zone slot.
Wacky Waves RTP and Variance
The theoretical return to player ratio of this game is just 95 per cent. This is quite low when you consider that the average for this type of game is around 96 per cent. It is a medium-variance game, however, which may make it an appealing choice for all sorts of different players.
How to Play Wacky Waves
If you have ever played Dragon Gaming slots online, then the layout of this game might seem familiar. If you haven’t, then don’t worry: here is all you need to know:
- The 25 paylines in this game aren’t fixed, and so you can choose how many you want to play. You can play any number between 1 and 25. You will also need to decide how much you want to bet on each line.
- Click on the coin stack symbol beneath the reels to set your line bet and choose how many lines you want to play. There are sliders to help you make your choice, along with Max Lines and Max Bet buttons to give you easy access to the top-value choices available.
- Click on the ‘x’ tab to exit the settings menus, such as the betting options. This will return you to the main game, where the reels will be ready to play.
- The Autoplay tab is to the left of the spin button on the desktop screen. Click this and you can choose how many spins you will allow the game to make automatically. The choices are: 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100.
- Wins are displayed right at the bottom of the desktop screen, along with your playing balance and your chosen bet per spin.
- There is a triple-line symbol in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen that will take you to a main settings menu. Here you can make a range of choices, including changing the sound settings and reading about the game’s rules and payouts. This is also another way of changing the bet settings and autoplay.
Wacky Waves Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
This game allows you to choose how many of its 25 paylines you want to play and how much you want to bet on each one. This means that you can play just one line for the lowest possible bet of 0.01. The maximum bet you can make on each line is 0.50. If you choose to play all 25 lines, this will mean that the top stake possible in the game is 12.50 per spin. The best wins available in standard play are reserved for five-strong combinations and are calculated based on a multiplier of your line bet. Here’s what you could win:
Echidna - 2,400
Kangaroo - 1,800
Kookaburra - 1,400
Mrs Wombat - 800
Mr Koala - 800
Surfboard - 400
Cool box - 400
Beach umbrella - 200
Sun cream - 200
Flip flops - 100
Beach towel - 100
Wacky Waves Bonus Features
The platypus scatter symbol is the key to the free spins bonus in Wacky Waves. Land three anywhere on the reels and you’ll get 15 free spins. Get four anywhere on the reels and 20 free games will be yours. Land five and you will get the maximum bonus of 25 free games. This is not the limit on the free spins, however. The bonus can be retriggered up to a maximum of 25 times.
The shark is the wild of the game and will replace other icons except for the scatter to help you to create winning combinations. This would be helpful enough, but when the shark is involved in a win, it will also double the prize you are awarded.
In this game, the scatters also offer wins in their own right, and these prizes are based on multipliers of your total bet. They will also pay out wherever they land on the reels. The prizes on offer are:
5 platypus - 50
4 platypus - 10
3 platypus - 5
2 platypus - 2
Wacky Waves Review
This is a fun but fairly basic slot with a low return to player average compared to other slots. The characters on the reels are full of personality, and the bonus features are entertaining enough, but we can’t help thinking that there are better beach-themed slots out there offering a much bigger bang for your buck.
Disclaimer: Wacky Waves trademark / license is owned by Eyecon. This site is not endorsed by Eyecon.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Wacky Waves|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.01 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£13 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Free Spins, 5 Reels, Wild Multipliers|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Eyecon have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of the Wacky Waves slot?
This game has a return to player ratio of just 95 per cent. This is quite low compared to many other online slots.
Does Wacky Waves have free spins!
Yes. Land at least three scatters and win up to 25 free spins. You can also retrigger this bonus up to 25 times, and all wins are doubled if the wild is involved.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Beez Kneez||95.000%||High volatility||5000|
|Cup Carnaval||94.900%||High volatility||3000|
|Cupids Arrow||N/A||Medium volatility|
|Double Up Ducks||94.900%||Medium volatility||4750|
|Enchanted Prince||94.99%||Medium volatility||2400|
|Fireworks Frenzy||94.941%||High volatility||3000|
|Fluffy Favourites||95.3%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Fluffy Too||95.388%||High volatility||5000|
|Fruity Burst 2||95%||Low volatility||10000|
|Imperial Destiny||95.396%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Irish Luck||95.000%||Medium volatility||1125000|
|Jewel Journey||95.211%||Low volatility||1000|
|Kingdom of Cash||95.377%||High volatility||5000|
|Lost Island||95%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Piggy Payout||94.9%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Secret Garden||95.436%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Shamans Dream||95.44%||Medium volatility||9500|
|Sugar Train||95.064%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Temple of Isis||95.000%||Medium volatility||4750|
|White Wizard De...||96.000%||High volatility||1500|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review