- Fairly good 96.03% RTP
- Low to medium volatility means reasonably frequent wins
- Free spins round
- Win and loss limits in autoplay
- Low to medium volatility may deter high rollers
- No Max Bet button
Clash of Pirates is an online slot developed by Evoplay. It is a five-reel slot with 30 paylines. The RTP is 96.03%, and it has low to medium volatility. There are both Random Symbols and a free spins round in this pirate-themed game.
If you’ve played any of our Evoplay slots online, then you’ll know they’re an innovative developer designing games full of immersive graphics and animations. Clash of Pirates is no exception, with a standard 5x3 layout elevated by its atmospheric pirate-ship setting, complete with menacing kraken, and the 30 paylines accompanied by an exciting free spins round as well as the chance for randomly appearing symbols.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
This is a slightly spooky, highly atmospheric take on what could have been a fairly standard pirate themed slot. There’s a grey ghostliness to the rainy night-time setting and the torn sail of this struggling pirate ship where it rests against the dock. The soundtrack is more stirring, full of adventurous notes alongside the cries of the gulls and a bone-shaking cannon boom on every winning spin. Most scary of all are the long tentacles that constantly twitch and curl around the edge of the screen, their suckers ready to grab you. The ongoing animations keep you alert, because you know the fearsome kraken is lurking somewhere nearby, ready to reach out and possibly flip your symbols, which include various values of doubloons as well as your pirate crew.
Clash of Pirates RTP and Variance
Evoplay put the theoretical average return of Clash of Pirates at 96.03%, which is a pretty nice figure right in the sort of range you’d want. Some casinos may display it slightly differently, so you may want to check before playing.
As for variance, Clash of Pirates is low to medium, meaning wins should be fairly frequent but may be on the smaller side.
How to Play Clash of Pirates
If you’re willing to board this ship, here’s how to seek the treasure:
- Pretty much every button, control and display you need is accessed from under the reels, which makes it very convenient.
- The first of these buttons is the “i”, which pretty much universally represents info. It will open the paytable so you can see the values of every symbol.
- From the paytable you can navigate to a game rules page (also accessed by the little question mark at the top left corner of the screen) that you should read and a settings page.
- On the settings page you’ll find a whole host of controls. You could choose to outright switch all sounds on or off, or you could slide the meters to increase or decrease Master Volume, Sound Volume or Music volume, all separately.
- Here you’ll also find an on/off setting for Turbo mode, which speeds up your spins and reduces animations depending on how you prefer your gameplay.
- You can choose whether your want the space bar to trigger spins or stops or whether you want to change the bet using the arrow keys.
- This is also where you find autospin controls, with stopping points for a set single win figure, overall balance increase, overall balance decrease or the activation of the free spins feature.
- You don’t want to start autospin yet, though - not if you haven’t adjusted your bet. Go back to the main screen and use the plus and minus symbols to raise or lower it to your personal requirements. Next to it you’ll see your current balance, which may affect how much you choose to wager.
- At the bottom right of the screen there are more controls for Turbo, Mute and Full Screen as well as a link back to settings.
- Once you’ve sorted all of that out, you’re ready to play and have fun. Press the big button in the middle of the screen, or hold it down to choose a number of autoplay spins.
Bet & Win Sizes
The bet comes with a 0.1 minimum and a 500 maximum, which is pretty impressive (though irritating when you don’t have a Max Bet button and know you want to click all the way through to the top level).
You win from matching two, three, four or five symbols consecutively from left to right across one of the 30 fixed paylines, with each symbol valued as follows (multiplied by the bet):
9, 10, J, Q - x0.1, x0.8, x3.8
K, A - x0.2, x1.5, x5
Green Pirate, Yellow Pirate, Red Pirate - x1, x4.5, x15
Pink Lady - x0.3, x1.5, x8, x28
Scatter - x2, x10, x30
Clash of Pirates Bonus Features
When the dramatically labelled Abyss Symbol appears on your reels, it will summon a fierce tentacle from the kraken, which will lash across the screen and turn every Abyss into a random paying symbol (though not the Scatter).
As well as paying in its own right, the Scatter can also be used to trigger free spins when you find it three times. It’s fairly simple: you get ten free spins outright, and as there’s no Scatter present during the free spins round, you unfortunately can’t retrigger.
Clash of Pirates Review
The immediate strength of this slot is its immersive atmosphere, which promises excitement and adventure if you can just hold your nerve. It’s a bit disappointing that so many different symbols share the same value, and that you can’t retrigger the basic free spins round, but at least there are free spins, and the theme is so well designed that you’ll enjoy just being in the world of Clash of Pirates. If it’s put you in the swashbuckling mood, you may also want to try the Pirates Plenty slot.
Disclaimer: Clash of Pirates trademark / license is owned by Evoplay. This site is not endorsed by Evoplay.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
What is the RTP of Clash of Pirates?
It has a reasonably high average of 96.03% in the long term.
What is the volatility of Clash of Pirates?
This is a low- to medium-volatility slot.
Does Clash of Pirates have a free spins bonus round?
You win ten free spins with no retriggers if you find three Scatters.
Does Clash of Pirates have any other bonus features?
The Abyss Symbol can turn into a random paying symbol when it appears on the reels.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Charming Queens||95.9||High volatility||100000|
|Dungeon: Immort...||96.20%||High volatility||5000|
|ET Lost Socks||96.5||High volatility||25000||
|Elven Princesses||95.41||Medium volatility||1500000|
|Hungry Night||96.1||High volatility||25000|
|Indianas Quest||94.9||Medium volatility||3000000|
|Legend of Kaan||96||Low volatility||100000|
|Monster Lab||Medium volatility||
|Mystery Planet||Medium volatility||
|Naughty Girls C...||Medium volatility||
|Red Cliff||94.8||High volatility||200000|
|Reign of Dragons||95.8||Medium volatility||12500|
|Sea of Spins||96.00%||Medium volatility||2451|
|Surf Zone||96.00%||Low volatility||100|
|The Great Wall ...||94.5||Medium volatility||100000|
|Treasure Mania||96.00%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Wild Bullets||96.00%||Medium volatility||3838|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review