- Two interesting bonus features
- Top win available of 4,237x your stake
- Brilliant graphics and sound design
- Only 20 paylines available
- Good connection required to load high-quality graphics
Defenders of the Realm is an online slot developed by software house High 5. This online slot has a long-term average RTP of 96% and high volatility.
Take a trip back to the time of the Viking conquests with High 5's Defenders of the Realm. This five-reel, four row slot features bonus features and locked wild reels and 20 always-on paylines.
Symbols include all manner of Viking characters, with some bearing no small resemblance to Odin and Thor, as well as one that looks a little like Link from the Zelda series. Playing card styled symbols make up the rest of the set, as well as wilds and scatters.
Look out for the wild symbols, as sometimes these expand and take up a reel, allowing for bigger wins to be potentially achieved.
You should also keep your eyes peeled for the beat boxes, who open up a pick bonus. This game allows for some decent payouts if you are lucky enough to climb through a few of the four to six levels available during play.
Experienced online slots players will be wondering whether or not they can try this game before they play with real money, and thanks to the High5 demo slots feature, this is available. Playing with fun currency allows players to check out the gameplay and bonus features before they risk real money on a spin.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
The design of Defenders of the Realm has more lot in common with that of Asgard in the popular MCU Thor movies, with bigger and more intricate towers than the buildings that the Vikings would have actually lived and worked in. Nevertheless, the graphics are big, bold and well rendered. This game should look and play fantastically well on screens of all sizes.
The music is suitably grand, with an orchestral soundtrack punctuating spins, wins and bonuses. A particular aural highlight is the dark and foreboding theme with tons of percussion, which accompanies the free spin bonus section. This has a real Lord of the Rings feel to it, adding to the overall premium feel of the game.
Defenders of the Realm RTP and Variance
Defenders of the Realm has a long-term average RTP of 96%. This is around the average for games of this type.
The high volatility of Defenders of the Realm means that there are high-value jackpots available, but players must be patient in waiting for them.
How to Play Defenders of the Realm
- The paytable is accessed by the menu button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Your bet can be set via the golden panel at the bottom right of the screen by pressing the left and right buttons to change the total bet per spin.
- Defenders of the Realm comes with an autoplay feature, where reels can be spun repeatedly until a predetermined number of spins have taken place.
- If you are happy with your bet level, the reels can be spun once manually by clicking the spin button on the right side of the screen.
- Please play Defenders of the Realm responsibly by setting a budget for each play session and sticking to it. When the fun stops, stop playing.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
- The minimum bet on a spin is 0.20, or 0.01 per payline.
- The maximum bet on a spin is 100.00, or 5.00 per payline.
- The maximum payout on a payline with a 2x multiplier active in the bonus game is a massive 4,237x your stake.
- Matching five wilds on a payline will lead to a win equal to 100x the line bet.
- The other highest-paying symbols available in Defenders of the Realm are the Viking King and Queen.
Defenders of the Realm Bonus Features
There are two bonus features in Defenders of the Realm. First, look out for the treasure chests, which open the Beat Box feature. During this feature, a number of boxes are available to choose from, which either allow you to bank a win amount and move on or move you on to the next level. Once the feature is over, all amounts won are banked.
Defenders of the Realm Review Our Verdict
In common with many of High 5's releases, Defenders of the Realm is a quirky title with some interesting mechanics. The free spin bonus is one you have to work toward rather than waiting for an arbitrary number of scatters to appear on the screen, which will appeal to some whilst putting others off. The graphics and sound design, however, are amazing.
Disclaimer: Defenders of the Realm trademark / license is owned by High 5. This site is not endorsed by High 5.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Defenders of the Realm|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Bonus Game , Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , High volatility , 5 Reels , Sticky Wilds|
|Available in GB?||Game is not available in GB.|
Are there any other similar titles available?
What is the RTP of Defenders of the Realm?
Defenders of the Realm has a payout percentage of 96%.
How volatile is Defenders of the Realm?
Defenders of the Realm is a highly volatile online slot. This means that you might not cash in on wins all that often but your wins are likely to be more generous than in other slots.
What is the betting range in this slot?
You can place wagers between .20 coins and 100 coins per spin.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review