- Expanding wilds
- Free spins with moving wilds
- Thunder wheel bonus game
- No max bet button
- Greek mythology can be overused as a theme
We love a free spin feature in our slots, but by no means are the (admittedly very exciting) bonuses all there is to Thunder Wheel. This unusual-looking slot has a distinctive 4x4 layout, excellent graphics and a thrilling 256 ways to win, even before the wilds start expanding or the bonuses start spinning.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
Thunder always makes a dramatic addition to a game - just look at the Big Thunder slot - and Greek mythology is popular for a reason. Thunder Wheel combines these things but manages to look different both because of its unusual layout and the way that the character symbols are carved in stone and seem to almost lift off of the reels. Zeus and Hera are there, the mighty king and queen of the gods, but you can also see legendary creatures including snake-haired Medusa, three-headed guard dog Cerberus, the part-lion and part-eagle griffin, and the half-bull and half-man minotaur. Card symbols are carved on stone shields like the ancient heroes would have used, and everything is set in the cracked remains of a temple, with further structures floating on lumps of rock in the background sky. The music is dramatic and atmospheric, as is the changing weather and occasional lightning.
Thunder Wheel RTP and Variance
You’re off to a solid start with Thunder Wheel thanks to its 96.08% RTP. That’s right where you want it, and whilst it doesn’t mean that every individual spin will reach that level, it suggests things should average out pretty well in the long term. The thing to watch out for is the very high variance. That means that wins could be a long way apart. High rollers like it for higher potential rewards, but if you’re cautious, it could take a while to get there.
How to Play Thunder Wheel
No need to hide from these lightning bolts:
- All the buttons are under the reels, starting with menu. It will take you straight to the paytable, with symbol values and a features guide.
- From here, you can navigate to the homepage, set autoplay, activate Burst mode, adjust sound and quick spin, or view your game history.
- You can adjust your sound on the main screen as well, next to the menu button.
- Keep an eye on your total balance toward the middle of the screen. It will tell you when it’s time to walk away whilst still happy, without chasing losses.
- To adjust your bet, use the plus and minus symbols to either side of the current bet display.
- Next to that is another autoplay link. You can set between 10 and 1000 spins, but there are no loss or single win limits as stopping points. That means it’s harder to budget.
- Slotmill slots also come with Burst Mode, which is like autoplay but even faster. The reels disappear, and all you see are the wins you hit (if any) floating in the lightning.
- Of course, you can just click the regular spin button. This gives you time to appreciate the graphics and take stock of your position between turns. Remember to take regular breaks.
When the fun stops, stop playing.
Bet & Win Sizes
The minimum bet is 0.20, and you can increase it up to a maximum of 30. That’s not the biggest range in the world, but most people should find a preferred level in there.
Wins come from three or four matches adjacently from left to right. A changing bet is reflected in the dynamic paytable, so you always know exactly what to expect:
Heart, Spade - 0.08
Club, Diamond - 0.09
Medusa, Cerberus - 0.20
Griffin, Minotaur - 0.30
Hera - 0.60
Zeus - 1
Thunder Wheel Bonus Features
This can happen randomly during the base game. The wild symbol will expand, with its largest possible iteration taking up a 3x3 space. That means more chances of matching symbols.
You trigger 10 free spins by finding 3 bonus symbols, or by buying them with your spare cash. During the round, you can collect more bonus symbols for more spins, plus a moving, expanding wild. There are five stages to these extras:
- 5 bonus symbols = 2 free spins and 1x2 moving wild.
- 4 bonus symbols = 2 free spins and 2x2 moving wild.
- 4 bonus symbols = 2 free spins and 3x2 moving wild.
- 3 bonus symbols = 2 free spins and 3x2 moving wild.
- 3 bonus symbols = 1 free spin and 4x4 wild.
Trigger the Thunder Wheel by finding two or more Thunder Wheel symbols. The wheel has four rings, with the number of triggering symbols deciding how many are unlocked at first, but with more becoming unlocked every time you land a 0. The maximum win is 9999x your bet.
Thunder Wheel Review
Thunder Wheel is a slot full of high drama in both its theme and its graphics, and this drama continues when you start triggering those exciting bonus features. It has enough distinct characteristics to set it apart from other Greek mythology slots, and you can maintain plenty of control throughout your game. Basically, there’s a lot to love.
Disclaimer: Thunder Wheel trademark / license is owned by SlotMill. This site is not endorsed by SlotMill.
|Slot Name:||Thunder Wheel|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£30 (GBP)|
|Features:||Progressive, Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Free Spins, 5 Reels, Mystery Symbols|
|Available in UK?||No. :maker does not have a UKGC license and cannot offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Thunder Wheel?
This slot has a pretty good average return calculated at 96.08%. This is a guideline based on an extended session of play, not a certainty for individual spins.
What is the volatility of Thunder Wheel?
This is a highly volatile slot. That increases the risk but also increases potential rewards.
Does Thunder Wheel have a free spins round?
You can win 10 free spins if you find 3 bonus symbols. You can also buy extra free spins. During the round, more spins and expanding wilds can be triggered.
Does Thunder Wheel have any other bonus features available?
There is a random expanding wild in the base game that can grow to 3x3. The Thunder Wheel is another bonus game with a prize of up to 9999x.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Chilli Bandits||96.11%||High volatility||15000|
|Coin Quest 2||96.18%||High volatility||15000|
|Money Jar||96%||High volatility||20000|
|Neon Dreams||96.20%||High volatility||5000|
|Star Spell||96.12%||Low volatility||1200|
|Super Fruit Smash||96.08%||High volatility||12000|
|Templar Treasures||96.50%||High volatility||7000|
|The Big Hit||96.21%||High volatility||20000|
|Three Samurai||96.41%||High volatility||10000|
|Vegas Gold||96.36%||High volatility||5000|
|Viking's Creed||96.02%||High volatility||5000|
|Wildfire 7s||96.13%||High volatility||1975|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review