- Two separate bonus features
- Maximum win of up to 1,000x the line bet
- Up to 50 paylines
- Divisive Native American theme
- Graphics look very dated
Tomahawk is an online slot produced by World Match. This title has a long-term average RTP of 94% and low to medium volatility.
Set on a five-reel, three-row grid, Tomahawk has up to 50 paylines. This new title from World Match is set in the American Plains.
In addition to the standard playing card symbols bedecked with feathers, we see a Native American chief, a tomahawk-brandishing red-faced warrior and a beautiful Native American woman. A buffalo, headdress and skull form the rest of the standard symbols.
Tomahawk has two bonus symbols to look out for: the free spin, which comes with a multiplier of up to 3x, and an archery-themed bonus game.
Theme and Graphics
Basing a game on Native American traditions can be a risky line to walk down. World Match have worked quite sensitively here to produce a game that features traditional symbolism without straying too far into the realm of cultural appreciation. Of course, there will be plenty of players who feel differently about this and decide to play another game instead.
The graphics are decidedly last-generation, with flat images being used for symbols and very few animations. Moreover, the text on the wild, bonus and free spin symbols almost looks like it has come from a Word Art template.
This is a shame because World Match have shown what they are capable of during the archer bonus feature, with fully rendered animation displayed during this part of the game.
If you enjoyed the Native American theme of Tomahawk, why not check out the brilliant Chief slot from Inspired Software? This title has five reels and a massive maximum jackpot.
Tomahawk RTP and Variance
Tomahawk has a long-term average RTP of 94%, which is well below the average for games of this type. The low to medium volatility means that there should be an abundance of fairly low-value wins, but the bigger wins will be far harder to come by.
How to Play Tomahawk
- First, it's a great idea to check out the paytable when you start a game for the first time. The paytable in Tomahawk is found by clicking the menu button on the left side of the screen, then clicking the 'i' icon that appears on the left of the menu. Within the paytable is a list of winnings returned when matching symbols on the reels, along with key game rules and information about bonus features.
- Also available in the menu are sound options, turbo play to speed up the reel animations, and the opportunity to read full game rules and information.
- Set your bet by clicking the coin stack in the top right of the reels. Your bet is calculated by multiplying the line bet with the number of paylines that have been activated.
- Spin the reels once by clicking the green spin button on the right of the screen.
- Beneath the spin button is the autoplay button. This opens the autoplay menu, where you can select up to 1,000 or infinite spins to run automatically. These can be stopped at any point by clicking the stop button.
- Please play Tomahawk responsibly by setting a budget for each play session and sticking to it. Do not chase losses, and above all, stop playing when it's no longer fun.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
The minimum bet per spin is 0.01, and it's set by selecting the minimum bet of 0.01 and one active payline.
To set the maximum bet of 50.00, select the maximum total bet of 1.00 and activate all 50 paylines.
Matching 5 of the Native American Chief on an active payline returns a massive 1,000x the line bet.
Matching 5 of the Native American Warrior on an active payline returns 250x the line bet.
Matching 5 of the Native American Woman on an active payline returns 150x the line bet.
Matching 5 of the buffalo on an active payline returns 100x the line bet.
Matching 5 of the headdress or skull on an active payline returns 75x the line bet.
If more than one payline is active, these paylines will pay out concurrently, so it is possible to win more than once on each spin.
Tomahawk Bonus Features
The wild totem pole substitutes for all symbols, paying the most favourable winning combination if there is a choice between two separate win amounts the wild could achieve. The Wild does not replace the scatter, bonus or free spin symbols.
Matching three or more of the eagle free spin symbols anywhere on the reels will trigger 10 free spins. If four or more free spin symbols are revealed on the reels, wins on your 10 spins will be subject to a multiplier. Matching four free spin symbols multiplies all wins by two, and matching five free spin symbols multiplies all free spin wins by three.
For a list of more games where you can win free spins, check out our index of games with a free spins round. These are among our most popular games at Slots Temple.
Matching three or more archers activates the bonus game, which begins automatically and displays all wins at the end of the game.
Tomahawk Review Our Verdict
This is a fairly dated-looking game with a theme that is likely to put some players off. Nevertheless, the two separate bonus features are likely to keep players engaged, and the high-potential maximum win for a medium-low volatility slot is a pleasing touch.
Disclaimer: Tomahawk trademark / license is owned by World Match. This site is not endorsed by World Match.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
Is it possible to play Tomahawk for free?
Yes. Thanks to the World Match slots demo feature, players can spin the reels of Tomahawk without spending a single penny. Playing in demo mode stakes fun currency on each spin, allowing players to check out the gameplay and bonus features and giving them the chance to make an informed decision about whether or not they want to play for real.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Abu's Bazaar||94.87%||Low volatility||5000|
|Arabian Fire||96.34||Low volatility||4000|
|Banana King||91.800%||High volatility||1000|
|Book of Pharaon||95.600%||Medium volatility||10000|
|China Long||Medium volatility||3000|
|Cowboys Go West||97.840%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Diamond Croupier||94.090%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Dragons Reels||94.430%||High volatility||2500|
|Farm Adventures||98.110%||High volatility||7500|
|Fruits 4 Jackpot||Medium volatility||2000|
|Fruits Dimension||94.430%||Medium volatility||100|
|Fruits Evolution||98.100%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Ghosts Night||94.110%||Medium volatility||2500|
|King Tuts Chamber||95.180%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Monte Carlo Jewels||96.200%||Medium volatility||2000|
|Mr Money Maker||Medium volatility||500|
|Night Vampire||96.020%||Low volatility||300|
|Uga Age||91.620%||High volatility||1500|
|Vampire Killer||97.010%||Low volatility||2000|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review