- Free spins available
- Scatters pay in bonus round
- Medium to high variance
- Max win low
- Game can be a little repetitive
We are cracking codes in this online video slot from game designer Red Tiger. Golden Cryptex is played on a 5x3 reel set and the game includes free spins which can be re-triggered. There are just 3 paylines, and a bonus game is the main feature.
Golden Cryptex is played on a 5x3 reel set which features just 3 bet ways. The game offers the player the chance of free spins and re-spins during the bonus game. To enter this phase, you need to match symbols on the centre row with the symbols in the row above the reels. The player has a second chance to trigger this round when three or more symbols match, are held, and the remaining reels spin again.
You can play for a maximum payout of X1525 your stake in Golden Cryptex and given the wide range of betting options, there are big rewards for the bold player.
There are nine paying symbols available in Golden Cryptex. In order of value, they are Red 7, Bell, Star and Horseshoe, followed by five playing card symbols ranging from Ace to Ten.
Fans of this designer’s work will find other Red Tiger free slots here at Slots Temple. Alternatively, if you are looking for another slot featuring Da Vinci with a similar RTP, but more pay lines why not try the Da Vinci's Mystery online slot also available at Slots Temple.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
The title of this slot, Golden Cryptex, comes from the neologism created by The Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown, which referred to the portable vault which hid secret cyphers in the book.
The symbols are beautifully crafted and clearly visible on the reels. The main design is set against a blackboard, where equations and diagrams indicate how someone has tried to crack the code in the past. The game is played to a haunting theme tune worthy of the film of the book.
Golden Cryptex RTP and Variance
The RTP of this slot is 94.66% in the bonus round and 95.78% in the base game. We view Golden Cryptex as medium to high variance, meaning although wins can keep the player engaged, the bonus round is difficult to trigger, even with a second chance available.
How to Play Golden Cryptex
You may need to check the rules of this game to fully understand it, but here are a few tips to get you underway:
- Once the main game opens you will see the menu button in the top right-hand corner of the screen, click here to open a side panel and click on “Pays”.
- A set of new screens open and on the first, you will find an explanation of the Golden Spins feature.
- Click on the right-facing arrowhead and you will discover how wins are landed in this phase of the game. Here the symbols work as scatters to trigger wins.
- Click right again to open the paytable.
- Click right again to finally show thumbnails of the win lines.
- Return to the main screen by pressing play, at this point you can mute the soundtrack via the speaker button at the top of the screen.
- Now go to the left of the screen, and at the top you will see your current balance.
- In the bottom left you can adjust your bet level by clicking on the “+” and “-“ controls.
- Just to the right of the stake window you can engage autoplay. You can employ 10,20,30,50 or 100 spins, and customise this option to stop depending on losses or wins.
- You are all set to play, simply hit the spin button on the far right of the screen.
This slot is available to play for free, and we suggest you take advantage of this opportunity to familiarise yourself with the game before playing for cash at a casino. Once you are playing for money, remember to set yourself a budget for each session and to play responsibly.
Bet Sizes & Paytable Wins
As always, Red Tiger offer a wide range of betting options, these begin with a minimum bet of 0.20 rising to a maximum stake of 60.00.
The pay table is as follows:
X5 = x150
X4 = x30
X3 = x10
X5 = x75
X4 = x25
X3 = x9
X5 = x50
X4 = x20
X3 = x8
X5 = x25
X4 = x15
X3 = x7
X5 = x10
X4 = x8
X3 = x5
X5 = x7
X4 = x6
X3 = x3
X5 = x6
X4 = x5
X3 = x2
X5 = x4
X4 = x3
X3 = x1.5
X5 = x3
X4 = x2
X3 = x1
Free Spins and Bonus Feature
In the base game, you will see five aces in the row above the reels. You need to match those symbols on the centre row. Land three or more and they will hold, and the remaining reels spin in a second chance to enter golden spins.
Once in the bonus game, the symbols at the top will upgrade to the horseshoe, and now the matching symbols act as scatters, so they do not need to land on the same row. Match them up again and the player is awarded three more golden spins, and the symbol at the top is upgraded again.
If you enjoy this feature you will find other slots with a respins feature here at Slots Temple.
Golden Cryptex Review
This game has a well-crafted appearance and soundtrack, but the play is a little repetitive, and the bonus round is difficult to trigger. The upside is that the volatility means wins can come along regularly and the betting range can maintain your balance. The potential is average, however, and may not keep players engaged.
Disclaimer: Golden Cryptex trademark / license is owned by Red Tiger Gaming. This site is not endorsed by Red Tiger Gaming.
* Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino before making a deposit.
|Slot Name:||Golden Cryptex|
|Software:||Red Tiger Gaming|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.10 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£60 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , Respins , 5 Reels|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Red Tiger Gaming have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Can I play on my phone?
Yes, the game is suitable for all devices.
Is there a bonus game?
Yes, golden spins with a scatter.
Are there free spins?
Yes, though difficult to trigger.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review