- Decent wins in base game
- Fantastic EDM-inspired design
- Multiplier trail in free spins
- Low RTP of 95.22%
- Top prize only 2100x
- Highly volatile gameplay
Deadmau5 is a 243 Ways to Win online slot from Microgaming and Eurostar Studios. Features include cascading reels, free spins and multiplier trails. The RTP of this high volatility slot is 95.22% and its top prize is 2100x.
It was way back in February 2020 that Microgaming announced the release of an online slot based on the world-renowned DJ, and players have eagerly been awaiting news of this game’s release. It’s almost a year since we first heard about the game, and now you can finally give the long-awaited Deadmau5 slot a spin.
Theme and Graphics
According to Microgaming, the Deadmau5 slot game is based on the artist’s Cube V3 tour. Touted to have stunning visuals and showcase the DJ’s new music, the Cube V3 tour was postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Now, Deadmau5 fans will have to wait until 2021 for the show but this game will give a tiny bit of a sneak peek into what was planned.
RTP and Variance
The RTP (return to player) of Deadmau5 is 95.22%. This is a lot lower than we’re normally used to seeing in online slots, as most games tend to have payout percentages of 96% or more nowadays.
It is also a high variance slot. So, when we see the top prize of 2100x, it’s not very impressive. Most high volatility games offer max wins of 5000x or more.
How to Win
This is a 243 Ways to Win online slot. So, landing winning combinations requires you to high three or more matching symbols on adjacent reels. Whenever you hit a win, a cascade occurs. This will continue until you can no longer create new winning combinations.
Free Spins and Bonuses
The first bonus feature you’re likely to encounter while playing deadmau5 is the Drop the Wild feature. Whenever this feature is activated, the entirety of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels turn wild. This helps you create some impressive wins – but, cascades won’t occur when this happens.
Three or more scatters will trigger the free spins round. You totally number of free spins depends on the number of scatters that appear:
- 3 scatters: 15 free spins
- 4 scatters: 20 free spins
- 5 scatters: 25 free spins
Now, there is a Multiplier trail that becomes active, which increases on every cascade – from 3x to 4x to 5x and finally to 10x. This is similar to the feature you’ll find in Lara Croft: Temples and Tombs or Gonzo’s Quest Megaways. Unfortunately, the free spins round can’t be retriggered.
Aside from the great look of this slot, there really isn’t that much to rave about. The game definitely conveys the excitement of going to a raging deadmau5 gig, and we wish the gameplay matched.
When it comes to mathematics, there could be lots of improvement. A 95.22% RTP paired with high volatility and a meagre top prize of 2100x doesn’t really inspire players to want to give this game a spin.
Then, once you start playing, it feels like something is missing. The Drop the Wild feature is great in theory but you don’t actually trigger is often enough for it to make a different in the gameplay. Perhaps if this feature came around more often or if there were a multiplier trail in the base game as well as the free spins round, there would be a lot more to enjoy about this game.
That being said, the base game can lead to some decent wins. It wasn’t uncommon for us to land wins of 40x or more. So, if you’re happy to shlep your way through the base game of Deadmau5, you could snag some payouts.
If you enjoy Microgaming's deadmau5 slot, here are some other recommendations of games you might like to try:
- DJ Wild: In this ELK Studios slot, players are treated to a cool electronic music soundtrack and gameplay that features respins with sticky wilds.
- Jammin Jars: This is a Push Gaming-powered online slot with a party vibe and cluster format. The game features some great bonuses include free spins and walking wilds.
- Immortal Romance: So, it’s not DJ-themed slot but it is one of the most popular games from Microgaming. If you’ve somehow never played a game from this developer before, Immortal Romance is a great place to start. With 243 ways to win, this slot feature four different unlockable free spins rounds.
- Lara Croft Temples and Tombs: This is another slot that isn’t very musical but it’s a Microgaming slot that has a popular format with 243 winning ways and increasing multipliers. The developer has used this format in a number of games like Aliya’s Wishes and Retro Galaxy, as well as Deadmau5.
- Electric Avenue: We’ll end off this list with another party-themed slot but this one takes us back to the 80s. This fun retro game features 4096 winning ways with expanding wilds and multipliers up to 55x.
Disclaimer: Deadmau5 trademark / license is owned by Microgaming. This site is not endorsed by Microgaming.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , Expanding Wilds , High volatility , 5 Reels , Cascading , Stacked Symbols|
|Themes:||Musicians & Bands , Party|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Microgaming have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Deadmau5 Slot FAQs
What is the RTP of Deadmau5?
Deadmau5 has a payout percentage of 95.22%.
What is the biggest win available on Deadmau5?
The top prize in Deadmau5 is 2100x.
How volatile is Deadmau5?
This is a high volatility slot.
Is there a free spins bonus in Deadmu5?
Yes, landing three or more scatters will land you up to 25 free spins. Here, there is a multiplier trail up to 10x.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review