- Lots of fun random bonuses
- Inventive theme and narrative
- 10000x top prize
- Innovative gameplay
- Can be difficult to collect scatters
- Free spins not always generous
Fans of Reactoonz will be thrilled with Play’n GO’s latest release, Gold Volcano. In this fun, cluster-based slot, there are plenty of exciting random bonuses, as well as free spins and transforming symbols. Players are certainly in for an amusing and entertaining online gaming experience.
Theme and Graphics
Gold Volcano has a dynamic look with features that really reflect the theme. Similar to games like Skate for Gold and Divine Showdown, the gameplay suits the narrative and makes for an engaging experience. It’s really great when slots tie everything together so nicely, and Gold Volcano has done that perfectly.
How to Play Gold Volcano Slots
Just a few quick steps will get you playing Gold Volcano quickly:
- Once the game loads, click on the i symbol to review the paytable and bonuses.
- Adjust your wager. Bets between .10 coins and 100 coins are available.
- Review your settings. You can toggle the sound and quick-spin options by clicking the buttons in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Check out your autoplay options. It can be played for up to 100 spins, and you can set loss limits.
- Hit the spin button and enjoy!
RTP and Variance
The RTP (return to player) of Gold Volcano is 96.2%. It’s also a high volatility slot game.
How to Win
This is a cluster-based slot, which pays out winning combinations when you land matching symbols in groups of four or more and cascades occur when you hit a win. The gold gem is the most generous symbol, which pays out of a prize of 1000x your stake. The top prize, overall, however, is worth 10000x.
Gold Volcano Free Spins and Bonuses
The first thing that you’ll notice about this slot is that cascades occur in reverse. Rather than the symbols falling from the top of the screen, they come up from the bottom, along with the magma that’s pushing its way out of the volcano. You can also trigger the Pressure feature randomly on wins, which produces wilds and wild multipliers.
There are also Dormant features, which occur when non-winning spins occur:
- Rumble: one scatter symbol is added and the existing symbols are shaken into new locations
- Lava: an additional layer of random symbols is added to the reels
- Excavate: between three and five wild are added to the reels
When the Magma manages to erupt out of the top of the volcano, the free spins bonus is triggered. The grid expands to an 8x8 format, which provides you with more opportunities to win big.
There is also the Crystallisation Feature. On each spin, the Crystallisation metre resets, and every scatter increases the metre by 1. Every three spaces, a new symbol is turned gold which makes it into a scatter.
Gold Volcano from Play’n GO does a fantastic job of keeping players entertained and engaged. Even with high volatility, there’s enough going on in game that you never really get bored. Between the Dormant feature, the Pressure feature and Crystallisation feature (on top of the free spins), there’s so much fun and excitement on offer.
Our only gripe is that the free spins round isn’t always very generous. You only get 5 free spins and while the gold symbol metre doesn’t reset, it doesn’t always lead to big wins because there really isn’t enough time to collect enough scatters to make a big difference.
Gold Volcano’s gameplay is a lot like Reactoonz and Twisted Sister, with all of the fun random features and bonus metres. So, if you’re a fan of those games (and why wouldn’t you be?), this is definitely a game you’ll want to try.
* Gold Volcano trademark / license is owned by Play N Go. This site is not endorsed by Play N Go.
|Slot Name:||Gold Volcano|
|Software:||Play N Go|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||0.1|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , Sub Symbols In Feature , Clusters , High volatility , Cascading , Expanding Reels , Turbo Spin , Symbol Collection|