- Unique take on expanding reels
- Fun, vibrant theme
- Respins land often
- Top win quite low
- Free spins can be hard to trigger
Reel Rush is an online slot created by Net Ent that has an expanding symbol format; each time a win is formed the size of the reels increases. 5 consecutive wins unlocks the full board and awards 8 free-spins.
Reel Rush Slot from NetEnt is a 5 x 5 reel game with a real difference. In base play, only 13 of a possible 25 reel spaces are in action, but this rises with the frequent Re-Spins, which are awarded after each win, and the Ways to Win increase with every Re-Spin.
Reel Rush Slot has been inspired by two related and popular slot game themes. The first is that of retro fruit slot games, and the second is more modern cascade games such as Candy Crush.
Bringing together elements from both worlds, the developers have managed to create a game that appeals to practically every player, modern and traditional alike, and especially those with a sweet tooth!
Reel Rush can also attribute some of its thematic ideas to the aesthetic influence of Kawaii (cute, kitschy graphics from Japan). Kawaii designs feature heavily in the many mobile games that were developed in the 2000s onward, which often featured sweets as a natural evolution of fruit symbols - a theme inherited from slot games.
The symbols in Reel Rush have perfectly combined these two great traditions - one old and one new - with their delicious-looking fruit and sweets as symbols.
The reels are set in front of a bright green forest background with graphics reminiscent of Super Mario Brothers or similar 1980s platform games, with cutesy curved-off squares and simplistic features. This includes a couple of toadstools for good measure and trees that resemble ice lollies.
How to Play
Getting this slot set up with your own preferences is quick and easy:
- First, you'll have to set your wager. Select a Coin Value of between 0.01 and 0.25, then you'll need to choose a Bet Level of between 1 and 10.
- To make the minimum possible bet, choose a Bet Level of 1 and a Coin Value of 0.01 to make a total bet of 0.50.
- Hitting Bet Max will automatically change your Bet Level to 10 but won't change your Coin Value. The maximum bet of a Coin Value of 0.25 and a Bet Level of 10 will mean a bet of 125.
- Autospin options include basic Autospin levels of 10, 25, 50, 50 and 100.
- You can decide to stop the Autospin feature at any time by hitting STOP by the spins counter.
- The Advanced Settings can also be found in the Autospins tab, where you can set loss and win limits.
- You can find out more about the game by clicking the "i" icon to the left of the reels. This opens the paytable and also offers general information about the game.
On the lower-left corner, you will see a spanner icon, and this is where you will find Game Settings. Click on this spanner to choose to change the following options:
- Quickspin, a really great idea if you find the reels too slow.
- You can also select or deselect to have an Intro Screen each time you play the game
- Allowing the Spacebar to be used to hit spin Spin.
3125 Ways to Win & Re-Spins
In Reel Rush Slot, some of the spaces are closed off at the start, reducing the Ways to Win to generous 45. This rises during the Re-Spins as more and more spaces are opened, hugely increasing the number of ways to win.
The number of Ways to Win rises incrementally with each Re-Spin in the following format:
- First Re-Spin = 135 Ways to Win
- Second Re-Spin = 405 Ways to Win
- Third Re-Spin = 675 Ways to Win
- Fourth Re-Spin = 1125 Ways to Win
- Fifth Re-Spin = 1875 Ways to Win
Should you land a win after this you'll be awarded eight Free Spins, during which time there are the fantastic 3125 Ways to Win.
Reel Rush Slot Symbols
The main symbols in this game are a series of candy in the form of hard-boiled sweets and fruit. Both are made in a cutesy cartoon-style graphic.
Matching symbols on three or more adjacent reels in any order constitute a winning combination. All winnings are paid from left to right and not from right to left. Winnings are paid out as follows for three, four or five symbols, multiplied by the bet level:
- Purple Sweet 3 = x3, 4 = x15, 5 = x50
- Green Sweet 3 = x3, 4 = x15, 5 = x50
- Yellow Sweet 3 = x3, 4 = x15, 5 = x50
- Orange Sweet 3 = x3, 4 = x15, 5 = x50
- Red Sweet 3 = x3, 4 = x15, 5 = x50
- Blueberry 3 = x10, 4 = x50, 5 = x100
- Blackberry 3 = x10, 4 = x60, 5 = x150
- Watermelon 3 = x10, 4 = x75, 5 = x200
- Lemon 3 = x10, 4 = x100, 5 = x250
- Orange 3 = x10, 4 = x150, 5 = x500
- Strawberry 3 = x10, 4 = x250, 5 = x1000
The Wild Symbol is certainly a major protagonist in the Reel Rush story. The Wild appears on reels 2, 3 ,4 and 5 (but not Reel 1) and acts as a substitute symbol.
In fact, with the absence of a Scatter or Bonus Symbol, it substitutes for all other symbols. The lack of Scatter or Bonus is not a cause of concern, however, as you will find that the Wild pops up so often that it more than makes up for this.
As we said, these are triggered after a win in your fifth Re-Spin - in other words, after six wins in a row. In Reel Rush, the number of Free Spins remains static at eight and there are no retriggers.
During the Free Spins feature, the Wild symbol remains in play as an excellent substitute for all other symbols. With a full reel screen of 5 x 5 in play during the Free Spins and the game's famous 3125 Ways to Win, the Free Spins really is the headline act.
Reel Rush RTP and Volatility
The RTP of Reel Rush is 97%. In comparison to similar fruit-themed games from NetEnt, it has the slight edge, with Stickers coming in at 96.69%, Twin Spin at 96.6% and Fruit Case at 96.4%.
The game has a medium volatility. Volatilities are categorised into Low, Medium and High. One isn't necessarily better than another; it all comes down to personal preference.
Reel Rush is available to play entirely for free here at Slots Temple. In fact, it is just one of thousands of slot games that we make available for free to our site's users. It's always a good idea to try out a slot for free before you play it for real money, because:
- Freeplay also allows players to learn the ropes of Reel Rush before they make the choice to actually wager real money.
- When you play for free, you can adjust your Bet Level and Coin Value as you play, assessing what sort of wager level you would like to play should you decide to play for real money at a later point.
- You can play around with features such as Autospin, Sounds and Music.
- In fact, free play gives you such a good feel for the game that if you choose to play for real money later, you will have already determined exactly how you want to play the game.
For many players, free play options are not just an introduction to games; it's the best way to play. In fact, many sensible slots players only ever use Freeplay sites to enjoy their favourite slots. In addition to Reel Rush, we offer more than a hundred more free slots from NetEnt and literally thousands more from other developers.
If you like Reel Rush...
If you enjoy this game, you will love the many more similar games available to play for free here at Slots Temple. Players who love Reel Rush enjoy same retro fruit and candy-style games.
Here is a look at some of the very best on offer.
This game, also from Net Entertainment, makes use of retro fruit symbols and pays out across a 243-ways-to-win format. What makes Twin Spin different is that two reels spin together, always matching, hugely maximising potential winnings. The two reels that spin simultaneously change with every spin.
This brilliantly titled game also utilises the fruit theme in a fantastically fun slot with a cascade reel spin feature and an increasing multiplier Wild.
Another cute fruity offering from the same people who made Reel Rush, Stickers players can choose from a wide range of stake options and enjoy big wins via Sticky Wilds and Sticky Bonuses.
Yet another fruity Net Ent game, in this slot, the reels are made up of a grocer's stall. A seriously straightforward game and the perfect introduction to slot games, Fruit Shop features a Wild multiplier and the chance for some Free Spins.
Reel Rush 2
The original Reel Rush slot was so popular that NetEnt made the wise decision to create a sequel. Reel Rush 2 is built on the same premise as the original with expanding reels that are triggered by respins, but there are now many more features, including multipliers, random wilds and upgradable symbols.
Hopefully this exhaustive review of Reel Rush has told you absolutely everything you need to know about this incredibly popular game from the world's leading slot development team. In summary, this is a fabulous game for traditionalists, experts and beginners alike.
Simple Yet Effective Gameplay
The lack of glitzy and elaborate bonus features is what lies at the heart of this game. Instead, it's the frequent small to medium wins, very frequent re-spins, ever-present Wilds, and reasonably regular Free Spins that give it the edge and mean there's never a dull moment.
Fun Features for All
This game is perfect for beginners because making your wager, and following the game is incredibly straightforward. However, it is also ideal for seasoned players looking for a classically styled retro theme and accessible game format but with something extra.
Playing Reel Rush for free here at Slots Temple is the ideal way to get to grips with the game, maybe because you want to play for money at a later point or perhaps because you prefer to play it safe and keep your money in the real bank.
Disclaimer: Reel Rush trademark / license is owned by Net Ent. This site is not endorsed by Net Ent.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Reel Rush|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Free Spins , Medium volatility , 5 Reels , Expanding Reels|
|Themes:||Video Games , Retro|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Net Ent have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Reel Rush FAQs
What is the RTP of Reel Rush Slot?
The long-term average expected payout of Reel Rush Slot is 97%. This is much, much higher than we're used to seeing in slots nowadays, as most games max out at 96.5%.
What is the Volatility rating of Reel Rush Slot?
It is classed as a Medium Variance game. So, you should be bale to cash in on a fair combination of larger and smaller wins as you spin the reels on Reel Rush.
What is the largest prize available in NetEnt's Reel Rush slot?
In Reel Rush, the biggest win you can land is worth 962x. This may not sound like much, but the game awards wins more often than more highly volatile games with more generous top payouts. If you'd rather play a game with a bigger max win available, Reel Rush 2 offers 6250x.
How do you trigger the free spins in Reel Rush?
When you land a win in NetEnt's Reel Rush slot, you'll trigger a respin. On each respin, more spaces open up to reveal more ways to win and you can continue to earn more respins. If you hit a win on your 5th respin, you'll get 10 free spins where 3125 winning ways are available in all rounds.
Games by Same Maker
|Slot Name||RTP||Volatility||Top Win||Themes|
|Archangels: Sal...||96.08%||Medium volatility||375|
|Berry Burst||96.56%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Butterfly Staxx||96.8%||Low volatility||600|
|Copy Cats||96.76%||Low volatility||400|
|Dead or Alive 2||96.8%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Gonzos Quest||96%||Medium volatility||2500|
|Guns n Roses||96.98%||Medium volatility||125|
|Happy Riches||96.32||High volatility||10000|
|Jingle Spin||96.48%||Low volatility||1000|
|Ozzy Osbourne||96.67||Medium volatility||3000|
|Planet of the Apes||96.33%||Medium volatility||1000|
|Reel Rush 2||96.58%||Medium volatility||5000|
|Rise of Maya||96.42%||Medium volatility||6000|
|Temple of Nudges||96.03%||Low volatility||21870|
|The Wolfs Bane||96.74%||Low volatility||500|
|Vikings (NetEnt)||96.05%||Medium volatility||70|
|Wild Bazaar||96.15%||Low volatility||150|
|Wolf Cub||96.34%||Medium volatility|
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review