Wild Water from NetEnt give us a blast from the past, and it’s the Beach Boys meet Jaws via Love Island! Think California surfing in the days when you took your radio to the beach - and the radio weighed about a ton and was the size of a small car today. We've got hippies wearing ban the bomb medallions and making the peace sign and beach glamour girls soaking up the sun. There's the muscular guy wearing thick glasses (why?), and a guy with an Afro, also with a medallion.
Expanded everything in Wild Water
This five-reel slot has expanded symbols on its reels. The scatter is the boy surfer. When you get two of him, the reels speed up and the soundtrack goes ballistic. The rest of the time, a win is greeted with cries of "Radical!" and then it's back to the music. The Wild is a Jaws-type shark who looks like he might spoil the fun.
With expanding wilds, wilds in free spins, and a host of other features, Wild Water makes a big splash with players. When you get a big win, a surfboard zooms across the screen aquaplaning water, which is great.
The Wild Water Wild
The killer shark rearing up out of the water and letting us get a good look at its fillings is the fearsome wild. He substitutes for the highest possible winning combo on each bet line. In the main game, the wild can appear on any reel. In the NetEnt free spins feature, this is also the case, and in both modes, the wild can substitute for all symbols except the Scatter.
You need three or more of the boy surfer scatter to trigger the free spins game. In free spins, the wilds will automatically expand so they cover the entire reel, if that results in a win.
The Surf's Up and Surf Team Bonuses in Wild Water
The Surf's Up bonus occurs when any mix of five surfer symbols shows up on the reels, and it pays out a bet multiplier of x20.
The Surf Team Bonus is a bit trickier. If you can get every symbol - surfer guy, hippie guy, Afro guy, bikini girl and swimsuit girl - on the reels, you've won a multiplier of 200 times your bet. As we discuss below, this is a high-volatility slot!
Symbol payouts in Wild Water
The surfer inside the golden wave is a single symbol and is also the highest-paying symbol in the game. You'll get 2,000 for five appearances! Then there's a drop, with 400 for four appearances and 40 for three appearances. This symbol can appear both in the main game and in free spins, and it can also appear on any reel. This increases your chances of seeing some tasty winnings.
- The next highest-paying symbol is the surfer guy in the red swimming gear with the red surfboard. He's obviously the champion surfer, so five of him get you 500, four get 75 and three get 15.
- Next up is the swimsuit queen, lounging on her surfboard and winking at you. She's the one with the picnic, so she's the next most valuable. Five of her will get you 250, four will get 40 and three will get 15.
- Next is the surfer in yellow with a yellow surfboard and an Afro haircut. He's worth 100 for five of him, 30 for four of him, and 5 for three of him.
- Finally, we’ve got the hippie man, who is wearing something fetching in green and has a green surfboard. He scores 75 for five of him, 20 for four of him and 4 for three of him. The sultry siren in blue with the blue surfboard scores the same as the hippie.
Customising your bets in Wild Water
Wild water has 20 paylines, and you can't change the number of paylines that are in play. However, there are other ways that you can customise your bet.
- You can set the bet level by going to the box marked Level at the left of the dashboard. This allows you to use the arrows to increase or decrease the bet level from 1 to 10.
- The coin value and bet level are used to calculate the amount you're currently wagering, and this total bet is displayed in the Bet box on the left of the dashboard. For example, if your coin value is 0.02 and your bet level is 10, your actual bet is 200 coins.
- On the dashboard, you also have an Autoplay option, and NetEnt provide great Autoplay functionality. You can start with just 10 spins and go right up to 1,000 if you wish.
- There are also advanced Autopsin options. Click on "Advanced Settings" in the Autospin options box, and you'll see some sophisticated custom options. You can stop autospin on any win or on free spins.
- You can also define customised limits, such as stopping it if you win a set amount, if your pile of coins reaches a certain sum, or if it goes down to a set figure.
Down at the very bottom left of the game screen, you'll see a spanner symbol. Click on this to change the spin speed. Next to the spanner is a sound symbol, and you can use this to turn the sound on and off.
At 96.4%, the RTP is pretty fair. However, these quoted RTPs are averages and are often calculated over many thousands of spins. Therefore, the odd decimal on the RTP isn’t very noticeable and won't affect your enjoyment. The RTP applies to both mobile and tablet.
Volatility in Wild Water
Wild Water is a high volatility slot. That means you could be waiting quite some time for the surf team to assemble in correct order and pay you out some brilliant winnings. You will like this if you are the type of player who considers the wait is worth it and would rather have some major wins here and there than lots of little ones.
Help and Information
You’ll find information on the game rules and pay lines when you click the “?” button, which is on the left of the dashboard at the bottom of the screen. This takes you to the Help pages. Here you can use the big green left and right arrows to move back and forth through the Help pages. To leave Help and return to gameplay, either click the X in the top right corner of the Help screen or use the large green Return key.
To see the paytable and find out how the bonuses work, click the Paytable button in the bottom left corner of the game area.
If you liked Wild Water, you'll love …...
Aloha Cluster Pays
You'll probably love some of our other beach and surf slots, like the Aloha Cluster Pays slot. It's also from NetEnt and is set in beautiful Hawaii. NetEnt constantly seeks to keep us entertained with different types of gameplay, and Aloha Cluster Pays is no exception. Instead of paylines, you need to collect matching clusters - the Cluster Pays of the title.
They aren't the only innovative feature. We've got stacked symbols, sticky clusters and a great free spins round, too! The game symbols are all the lovely features of Hawaiian life, both natural - coconuts, flowers, pineapples and seashells - and also some heritage features, such as tribal masks.
You'll need a cluster of nine to get a win rather than three individual symbols. Don't worry - with the Sticky Cluster feature, groups of symbols get locked in place, and a respin gives you the chance to add to the cluster.
Since we're in surfer territory, take a look at Spring Break, the US student fest where the house parties are wild and the beach parties are even wilder. Microgaming has loaded up on beach food like hamburgers, burritos, and hot dogs. There are plenty of sunbathers, swimming pools and jeeps. The graphic style could best be described as "bring it on". There's plenty of food on the barbie, and the bikini lines are getting tanned in, too.
The gameplay action is just as hectic as the design, with the beach party scatter paying up to 500 times your bet and three or more of them starting a free spins round that sees your wins tripled and gives respins during the bonus.
We're definitely having fries with that. Give it a try and see what you think!
If all of that hectic enjoyment makes you feel like lying down in a darkened room, how about Playtech's Beach Life? It's a little bit more sedate, and our beautiful Hollywood starlet type is definitely more interested in lying down. There's a great pick game with the treasure chests, and with a top payout of 100,000 times your bet, this may be the best day at the beach you'll ever spend.
All of these slots and many others are available at Slots Temple to play for free. What are you waiting for? Surf's up!
Disclaimer: Wild Water trademark / license is owned by Net Ent. This site is not endorsed by Net Ent.
* Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino before making a deposit.
|Slot Name:||Wild Water|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Free Spins , High volatility , 5 Reels , Stacked Symbols|
|Themes:||Beach , Retro|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Net Ent have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review