- Simple, retro feel
- 2x and 4x multipliers available
- Impressive jackpot up to 150,000
- Lack of RTP and volatility information
- No free spins or bonus rounds
- No controls for autoplay
Dublin Diamonds is an online slot developed by IGT. It is a traditional three-reel slot with nine paylines. There is a standard wild symbol and a wild with a multiplier effect. This slot has an Irish theme.
The 3-reel slot is the most classic form of slot machine, found in land-based casinos years before online slots even existed. IGT is certainly a developer that knows about those good old days. Three-reel slots are often fruit machines, but the traditional Bars and 7s of Dublin Diamonds are tied to an Irish theme instead. There are some big chances to win, including multipliers, but this is definitely a slot for those who prefer it simple. If that sounds like your thing, give the free demo a try right here on Slots Temple and find out if it’s the game for you.
Theme, Graphics & Soundtrack
You might think that such a simple looking three-reel slot wouldn’t have any theme other than being a classic fruit machine. That’s certainly the impression given by its sound effects. Dublin Diamonds is, however, very definitely Irish in its design. To start with, green is the most prominent colour in the game, whilst the lucky four-leaf clover is a valuable wild symbol. Then, of course, there’s the Dublin of the title, which also appears on the other wild symbol.
Taking its name from the ancient Irish word for “dark” or “black”, the area that is now the city of Dublin, the capital of the Republic of Ireland, has been inhabited since prehistoric times and was once a major Viking settlement. With such a rich history and iconic status, it’s a worthy focus for this slot, though it’s a shame Dublin Diamonds doesn’t make a bit more use of Irish imagery other than the green, or maybe include some Irish music. Diamonds, of course, are always popular in slots.
If you do like the Irish theme but want a little more depth and detail, you could try the Rainbow Riches Pick n Mix slot from Barcrest. Not only does it have an RTP that can increase from 94% to 98%, but there are up to five bonus games available.
Dublin Diamonds RTP & Volatility
If you’re looking to set some expectations about how likely you are to win big in Dublin Diamonds, then you may be disappointed. There’s no official RTP or volatility information. That means no figure for average return on your 100 bet and no guidance on frequency of wins. This is unusual for an IGT online slot and means the only way to find out likely returns is to play the free demo for a few hundred spins.
How to Play Dublin Diamonds
You won’t be surprised to know this slot has pretty simple gameplay, but there a few more complex features to be aware of:
1. In the top right of the screen are two buttons, one a speaker to mute the volume and the other a full screen button.
2. At the bottom left of the screen is a question mark button that will open the paytable and give you all the information you need about the game.
3. As you move along the bottom from left to right there are displays for your current balance and most recent win, both of which are useful to know as you play.
4. Next there’s a bet button to adjust your wager before you start.
5. You now have the choice between autoplay and start. There aren’t any settings for autoplay, the reels will just start spinning until you switch off the feature. Start will give you just one spin.
6. As always, set yourself a budget with win and loss limits before you begin, and try the free demo before you start playing for real money. These steps allow you to stay in control of your game and make sure it is both safe and fun.
Bet & Win Sizes
Your coin bet can be 0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.50, 1 or 5. Your total bet starts at 9 credits and can rise to as much as 450 credits. That’s a pretty good range for both the cautious players and the high rollers.
There’s a dynamic paytable that adjusts depending on your bet level, but if you start at the lowest possible bet:
Any combination of Bars - 5
Three single Bars - 10
Three double Bars - 20
Three treble Bars - 40
7s - 60
Four-leaf clover - 250
Dublin Diamonds - 3,000
Dublin Diamonds Bonus Features
In the tradition of classic fruit machines, Dublin Diamonds focuses more on a simple but fun base game than lots of complex and sometimes confusing bonus rounds. The closest it has to bonus features are the multipliers attached to the Dublin Diamond symbol. One Dublin Diamond adds a 2x multiplier to any winning combination that isn’t two or three Dublin Diamonds. When they’re not part of a three Dublin Diamond combination, two Dublin Diamonds can add a 4x multiplier to your win.
If you long for the days of land-based slot machines before video slots took over, then Dublin Diamonds seems like a welcome return to that classic world. No distracting animations or confusing bonus features, just three reels and a spin button. The Irish theme is a nice extra touch, though it could probably have been given a little more detail, and the multipliers ensure there’s at least some chance for big wins.
Disclaimer: Dublin Diamonds trademark / license is owned by IGT. This site is not endorsed by IGT.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||Dublin Diamonds|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£9.00 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£450 (GBP)|
|Features:||Progressive , Wild Symbol , Multiplier , 3 Reels|
|Available in GB?||Yes. IGT have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
What is the RTP of Dublin Diamonds?
There’s no official information on average returns.
How volatile is Dublin Diamonds?
Similarly, official volatility information on frequency of wins is lacking.
What is the biggest win available on Dublin Diamonds?
You could win up to 150,000.
Does Dublin Diamonds have any bonus features?
There aren’t any free spins or fancy bonus features, but the Double Diamond wild can act as a multiplier.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review