- Fun, nostalgic theme
- Loads of modifiers
- Free spins and mini-games on offer
- Med volatility provides wins often
- You can gamble your bonuses
- Only 20 paylines
- Top prize only 500x
The Goonies is an online slot developed by Blueprint Gaming with 20 paylines and a 96% RTP with a 500x top win. Bonuses features include spins, colossal symbols, bonus mini-games, multipliers and spin modifiers. It is also a high volatility slot.
The Goonies is one of the most popular 80s films, ever – a fantastic cult classic that we all saw as children and still love today. Now, we can enjoy the magic of The Goonies all over again with Blueprint Gaming’s new online slot – which features 20 generous paylines and a number of fantastic bonus features. And, we have The Goonies slot demo right here!
The Goonies Slot Graphics
Blueprint Gaming has done a fantastic job of bringing the nostalgia of The Goonies slot machine to life as an online slot. In fact, Blueprint has created plenty of amazing games based on films like The Naked Gun and Ted.
Faithful to the Film
The Goonies online slots game uses still images, graphics and music from the original film soundtrack, to create an exciting, engaging and thoroughly immersive game that’s packed to bursting with unique bonus features that perfectly chime with the movie’s plot. In fact, we think you'll enjoy the slot Goonies just as much as the film version!
Play for Free
If you’re planning on playing for real money, then it’s well worth exploring the game as much as you possibly can while playing free slot games first, in the first instance. This is the best way to learn about various slots and find out how their suit your gameplay style.
When playing The Goonies slot demo, we recommend between 150 and 200 spins. This allows you enough time to really get to know the gameplay.
How Many Demo Spins?
We usually recommend playing an online slots game for around 500 spins in free play mode, as that’s usually sufficient to experience all of the bonus games and features that a game provides.
However, in the case of The Goonies free play slot, we suggest that 1,000 spins might be a more realistic number - which is where Autoplay comes in so useful - since there are so many aspects of the game to explore.
The Goonies RTP and Volatility
The Goonies free play slot and its real money version have an RTP (return to player) of 96%, and it is a medium volatility game.
Knowing the volatility of a game that you’re playing is important, as it allows you to select games that suit your level of risk, not to mention your bank balance!
- High volatility games are best left to the high-risk high rollers, who are prepared to ride out the lengthy periods during which nothing much is happening on the reels.
- Low volatility games offer much more frequent payouts, but the sums involved don’t tend to be very large.
- Medium volatility games offer up the best of both worlds, making them suitable for all types of players.
How to Win
There are three main ways to land wins in The Goonies slot.
- Landing three or more matching symbols on the same payline. Alternatively, you can land just two pirate flag symbols for a win.
- Randomly triggering one of the six modifers, which can add wilds, bonus symbols or provide a guaranteed win.
- Landing three or more scatters to trigger one of the bonus games. There are free spins and mini games available.
The Goonies from Blueprint Gaming offers players the chance to cash in on generous winning combinations by landing three or more symbols on the same payline. The top prize available is worth 500x your stake.
The Goonies Slot Bonus Features
As with the majority of online slots games, you’ll find a wild symbol. But this is no ordinary wild, since it also comes with its own paytable.
Base Game Modifiers
A great feature of this slot is that there are random modifiers. Throughout the game any of the following can be activated to boost youd odds of winning:
- Sloth’s Win Spin: extra symbols are added to ensure you land a winning spin
- Data’s Colossal Symbols: a 3x3 symbol is added to the reels
- Truffle Shuffle: wilds are overlays on the reels
- Mouth’s Lucky Coins: special symbols are selected to award bonus wins
- One-Eyed Willie’s Bonus Boost: extra bonus symbols are added to the reels
- Mikey’s Hidden Treasure: any reels can turn fully wild
When you land three bonus symbols, you’ll spin the bonus wheel for one of six generous bonuses.:
- Super Sloth Free Spins: should any Super Sloth Wild land on the reels during this round, all picture symbols are transformed into the highest paying symbols
- Goonies Go Wild Free Spins: all top-paying symbols turn wild
- Inferno Free Spins: between 1 and 3 consecutive reels turn wild at the start of each spin
- Fratelli Hideout Bonus: a pick-a-prize round
- Skeleton Organ Bonus: select organ keys to win prizes and multipliers
- One Eyed Willie’s Treasure Bonus: a prize wheel bonus where generous multipliers are awarded
At the end of every bonus feature (except One Eyed Willie’s Treasure), you’ll be able to pick from five chests to potentially trigger another bonus round.
Another great thing about the bonuses available in The Goonies is that you can choose to gamble them. The reel will display just two options - a feature that offers better returns than the one you were just awarded, and a selection of mystery symbols.
The Goonies Vs The Goonies Return
Blueprint Gaming has released a sequel, The Goonies Return, and it’s the perfect combination of old and new. It is built on the same premise as the original, as it comes loaded with reel modifiers and several bonus rounds, but plenty of additions have been made.
Truffle Shuffle has returned and the Data-centric modifier is back, as the W-Invention adds synced reels and colossal symbols. We miss the Mikey’s Hidden Treasure feature which turns reels wild but there are some interesting new modifiers that should tickle your fancy:
- Win Spin: this feature will turn any spin into a winning one
- Lucky Coins: mystery symbols are added to the reels
- Hidden Riches: the middle position turns wild and can turn Goonies into wilds, too
The Bonus Wheel also comes with new features. While we prefer the free spins rounds in the original Goonies slot, the new features are definitely something to shout about:
Firstly, there’s the Waterslide to Wealth prize trail bonus. You don’t often see this type of feature in slot games, and it’s perfectly suited to the adventurous tone of The Goonies Return.
There are also two new link & win style bonus features. Both Momma Fratelli’s Money Spins and the One Eyed Willy Riches bonus rounds are modelled after the Money Train-style feature where you collect symbols to earn impressive payouts.
Slots Similar to The Goonies
The Goonies is such a fun online slot, we don't blame you if you want to try out other games in a similar vein. Fortunately, there are plenty out there that serve up the same excitement, and we can recommend:
Blueprint Gaming always has a lot of fun when it comes to creating branded slot games, and Mars Attacks is a great example of that. It's a lot like The Goonies in that it offers up a fantastic range of base game modifiers and several off-screen bonus games which are based on characters and scenes from the film.
Another Blueprint Gaming creation, TED slots is similar to both Mars Attacks and the Goonies. It has a huge range of bonus features, including multiple free spins games, bonus rounds, colossal reels and respins.
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
For something a little different (in that it's not a Blueprint slot), try Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. This IGT-powered slot game will appeal to anyone who also loved The Goonies growing up. The game has a great nostalgic theme and a fun respins bonus.
Blueprint Gaming’s The Goonies online slot provides players with a wonderful gaming experience. You can relieve the 80s nostalgia, thanks to the game’s impressive cinematic graphics and quirky soundtrack.
From a gameplay perspective, The Goonies slot really does an amazing job of keeping you engaged, as there are all sorts of fantastic bonuses available and plenty of unique features that you won’t find in any other slots. So, it's certainly worth it to play The Goonies slot for free.
Disclaimer: The Goonies trademark / license is owned by Blueprint Gaming. This site is not endorsed by Blueprint Gaming.
* This button takes you to an external third-party partner real money casino website. Although we try and match games with Casinos that have them, we advise that you double-check the slot content on the casino website before making a deposit or signing up.
|Slot Name:||The Goonies|
|Min Bet (all lines covered):||£0.20 (GBP)|
|Max Bet:||£100 (GBP)|
|Features:||Bonus Game , Wild Symbol , Scatter Symbol , Multiplier , Free Spins , Expanding Wilds , High volatility , 5 Reels , Reel Modifiers|
|Themes:||TV & Movies , Action & Adventure|
|Available in GB?||Yes. Blueprint Gaming have a UKGC license and are allowed to offer their games at UK licensed casinos.|
The Goonies FAQs
What is the RTP of The Goonies slot?
The Goonies has a payout percentage of 96%. In today's online slot market, the majority of slots have RTPs ranging from 96% to 96.5%. So, while it's a fairly average RTP, it's not as high as some games out there.
Does The Goonies Slot Have Free Spins?
You can trigger three different free spins rounds in The Goonies online slot. They are triggered by three scatters, and then a prize wheel will determine which of the six bonus games you'll trigger. Once you've determined which bonus you'll enter, you can gamble it to potentially trigger a better bonus round.
What is the biggest win available on The Goonies slot?
The largest payout available from The Goonies is worth 10,000x your stake. For an online slot that has medium/high volatility, this is quite generous as most medium variance slots have grand prizes of about 5000x.
How do the modifiers work in The Goonies slot?
There are six random modifiers that can occur during the game. There is no way to tell which of these bonuses will occur, and they can add extra bonus symbols or wilds, or trigger colossal symbols to help you land big wins.
Are there any other slots like The Goonies?
Blueprint Gaming has recreated a number of online slots based on the same model as The Goonies, with plenty of reel modifiers available. These include Mars Attacks, Sausage Party and Ted.
Games by Same Maker
There are no reviews for this game
Be the first to write a review